Page 1 of 1

Component AMP

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 pm
by phxicon18
Hey people, what's going on?? I'm new here and I joined because people actually know what they are talking about. Anyways, I need some help. I just got some new component speakers for my car and I'm not sure which amp I want to run. I'm running a PPI A600 Art Series to my subs and on ebay, I saw the New A600/4 channel amp at damn good price. But, I love the art series, and I was looking at picking up the A404 or the Ax400. Whats gonna be a best amp to run these components? If it matters, my components are Diamond Audio D651 and D661. Thanks.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:12 pm
by High Society
Great amps, years old, but are still awesome. I'd say either one will work for ya. I dunno the specific models you listed, or the specs, but either one should work great. I know Glasswolf can add all his wisdom. He's really good in that era of car audio. But is I was like 56 I would be too, j/k Kiki :)

Btw, welcome to the boards, this is a great place. Hows the PHX weather? Gettin hot isn't? I'm from Tucson and I know the temp has been gettin up there.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:39 pm
by phxicon18
thats for the info. im just not sure if the new stuff is gonna compare to the old stuff. (PPI wise) i need some knowledge.

thanks for the welcome. the weather right now isn't too bad a little warm but its good. summer can wait, i can tell you that. once summer hits, i gonna be spending a lot of time in san diego or miami. its too hot to be here.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:00 am
by High Society
The new PPI stuff is owned by DEI. So it's not as good as it use to be. But they are decent. On par with the likes of kicker, JBL, MTX. IMO I'd stick with the Art amps.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:02 am
by High Society
Main stream stuff is now in the Bling Bling era. So i'd stick with the older models for that reason. Btw DEI owns orion, viper, and some other's that I cant remeber off the top on my head.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:17 am
by smoker
dude i had an a600 on a set of solo's back when they were new and i ran an ax400 to my comps....sounded awesome and i wish i had never sold them.....just watch the ax400's because some of them had a problem where the output to the next amp had a channel out of phase.....awesome stuff though and believe it or not i sold mine so i could buy a ford maverick

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:59 am
by phxicon18
Instead of runnig the Ax400 what if i ran the PC4100??