Page 1 of 1

Anyone know how to get to rear speakers?

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:57 pm
by Vindicate
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra and am having a hell of a time getting to my rear speakers... There's a child seat latch that I can unscrew, I unscrewed that thinking I could get the speaker covers off, but it seems like the covers are glued right to the rear deck carpet or something cuz the bastards wont budge and the carpet moves with it. If anyone could please help! I'll go take some pics right now, I wanna replace the speakers tonight!!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:07 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Are you sure you don't get to them from the trunk?

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:42 pm
by smoker
sometimes there are cheasy ass looking little nuts on the inside of the trunk that release the covers

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:48 pm
by Ranger SVO
In most cases the entire rear package tray cover needs to be completely removed. Its really not that big a deal, just take your time and pay attention to what your doing.

There are very few cars that have a removable rear grill.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:14 pm
by Vindicate
ahhh ic ic. Well dont have time for another week to figure this crap out. Thanks for the input tho

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:30 pm
by William from NOLA
Ranger SVO wrote:In most cases the entire rear package tray cover needs to be completely removed. Its really not that big a deal, just take your time and pay attention to what your doing.
There are very few cars that have a removable rear grill.
Yea, or like mine, man, mine is a LOT of work. It's rediculous. I have to first remove the panel right behind the seats, then remove the panels covering the C-pillars, remove the rear shelf, and THEN unscrew the speakers.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:48 pm
by GlassWolf
sawzall.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:47 am
by Ryan from Ohio
take some pics and we may be able to tell.

inside and trunk/under shelf pics

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:03 pm
by Vindicate
On vacation for the next week, wont have pisc til saturday/sunday of next week.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:14 am
by Team AI
you could always go the hillbilly route.... BFH it, it's effective but a little hard to get put back together :P