Page 1 of 2

2 15" subs decent sq but loud

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:00 pm
by Mithrandir
I need a recommendation on 15"s I want something on the sound quality line of my infinity reference 12s or better but I want something louder (which is why im going with 2 15s") I need them to be around 600 rms a piece so I can power em with my jbl 1200.1. id like to pay like 200-300 a piece for the subs shipped, no more. Im thinking im gonna go sealed on the box because its easier to build and I guess I like the sound of sealed boxes i dunno lol

Im thinkin maybe 2 RE SE 15s, leathal injection 15s, Arsenal 15's, im sure the sq between them all are very similar and probably on par with infinity references so im lookin for the loudest out of the three or a louder one of another brand.

Thanks guys

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:06 pm
by ridr4lif
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoust ... 5_tempest/

Thats a decent sub. Pretty inexpensive, but should have pretty decent output.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:48 am
by GlassWolf
two better twelves would be louder.
infinity reference subs are weak. really weak.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:45 am
by High Society
or one 1200 watt 15" :) buy daves 18" SX

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:03 pm
by Mithrandir
GlassWolf wrote:two better twelves would be louder.
infinity reference subs are weak. really weak.
yeah but its not gonna be that much louder is it, i mean if its double the volume then sure? This is the problem im having, Some songs hit very well but others that dont have much bass dont. Id prefer overkill which is why i was thinking 2 15s, but i wanna be able to cross em at 80-100 hz which probably isnt a good idea. Plus my low low end is lacking, im think around the 35 hz and below, Id rather not get an 18. I listen to rock too and it probably wouldnt play well past 50 hz?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:14 pm
by audiobass10
Mithrandir wrote:yeah but its not gonna be that much louder is it, i mean if its double the volume then sure? This is the problem im having, Some songs hit very well but others that dont have much bass dont. Id prefer overkill which is why i was thinking 2 15s, but i wanna be able to cross em at 80-100 hz which probably isnt a good idea. Plus my low low end is lacking, im think around the 35 hz and below, Id rather not get an 18. I listen to rock too and it probably wouldnt play well past 50 hz?
Actually, the SX plays the upper frequencies VERY WELL. Much better than it plays low frequencies. The SE has much more low end than the SX..just depends on what you're lookin for.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:15 pm
by Scarrell
theres a 15" XXX on Ebay right now, and a 12" and some SE's and SX's and RE's...good deals too!! i found a Stroker with a HX2 surround that could be worth checking out. http://cgi.ebay.com/Cerwin-Vega-15-Woof ... dZViewItem

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:57 pm
by High Society
Well I got a 15 I can sell you :)

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:56 am
by Bwcad1
the sx plays higher cause its based more as spl than sq.

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:17 am
by Mithrandir
I hesitate to buy anything from ebay though, esp used. I would rather buy new. Ill probably end up going with either leathal injection 15s or arsenal 15s unless anyone can recommend somthing better or if you guys dont think they would suit me well.