Page 1 of 1

Front Stage Suggestions

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 pm
by audiobass10
Well, i've finally got to the point where I really can't stand listening to music, and not being able to hear the lyrics in louder songs. So i'm gunna start setting up a nice front stage for the Jeep.

As of right now i'm planning on donig a 5.25" Comp Set in some Q-form kicks and then adding a dedicated midbass in the doors. Really, what I need suggestoins for is a midbass driver. I can get a set of RE XXX mids for a fairly good price from a local guy trying to get rid of some, however the Cherokee has very shallow doors and stock mounting location fits a 5.25. It might be in my best interest to use a 5.25 midbass in the doors, unless someone has a decent suggestion on how to put some 6.5's in there without building out the doors so that they look bulky. Any suggestoins will be considered at this point.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:17 pm
by Jonathan
Adire Extremis>RE XXX mid
SEAS G18>Adire Extremis for midbass duty.

XXX mid just isn't really that good a driver. Mechanical noise in the bass/midbass region, midrange is rather poor.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:19 pm
by audiobass10
Jonathan wrote:Adire Extremis>RE XXX mid
SEAS G18>Adire Extremis for midbass duty.

XXX mid just isn't really that good a driver. Mechanical noise in the bass/midbass region, midrange is rather poor.
What about the problem with mounting Depth. Any experience using a 5.25" midbass driver in the doors?

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:28 pm
by Jonathan
I can't remember how deep the doors are on a Cherokee. What year? You should be able to add a simple spacer (maybe a baffle on top of the door panel if it is flat) and that would allow you to step up to a 6.5" without hacking into your doors.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:36 pm
by audiobass10
Jonathan wrote:I can't remember how deep the doors are on a Cherokee. What year? You should be able to add a simple spacer (maybe a baffle on top of the door panel if it is flat) and that would allow you to step up to a 6.5" without hacking into your doors.
Yea, I figured thats what had to happen for a 6.5".

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl ... er=297-564

Any experience with that company? The driver looks well built and it would fit in the stock locations without removing the stock grills and adding a baffle..I kinda want the midbass as stealth as possible.