Page 1 of 2
Boss AVA 6300 install questions
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:11 pm
by scushkadee
Thanks for reading. Heres what Im working with. two boss riot ava 6300 speakers. on the back there is two positive ports and one negative. how do i hook this up? it was set up before with just one positive going into the speaker and it sounded like crap and quiet.
i've included a picture.
copy and paste the link, i didn't want to compress the image
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4027/p22600013vo.jpg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:14 pm
by William from NOLA
I've never seen that before. What does it say under the terminals? It's washed out in the pic and I can't read them.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm
by scushkadee
OHH i see, they are labeled by ohms. heres a more detailed pic,
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4816/p22600029jr.jpg
which one do I want to hook up? I don't recall which one was set up before.
Chris
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Assuming you are using an aftermarket HU, use the 4 ohm.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:27 pm
by William from NOLA
Ahh okay. I read about it having 4 or 8 ohms. I assumed they meant you could buy it in either 4 or 8 ohm versions.
It all depends on what you are running them off of. If you are running them in your car, 4 ohm. If you are running them in your house from a receiver, then 8 ohms.
Just hook up one. If you hook up both, you will have whatever amp you have it on running at around 3 ohms or so.
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:41 pm
by scushkadee
Okay, currently I do not have my speaker amplifier (multichannel) installed. So if i run this off of my aftermarket hu will it work fine on 4 ohm? Or will it sound like crap on that and sound better when i get the amp installed. I'm trying to decide whether or not i need to replace these, it says they peak at 300 watts each so they've got some power.
chris
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:51 pm
by William from NOLA
They should be fine off the headunit. What they sound like is dependent mainly on the speakers themselves and how good the source is.
Actually, they don't have power. Peak is really meaningless, RMS is what you want to know.
Refer to the FAQ section for anything you may have a question about on power.
There is a phrase everyone must remember, "you get what you pay for"
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:05 pm
by OnYrMrk
I love boss...guess that is why I still have a job
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 pm
by scushkadee
how much did these things cost? they came with the nova i bought
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 pm
by William from NOLA
~$30 brand new