Page 1 of 1
Speaker Installation
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:20 pm
by NViejeP
I'm debating on whether I need professional help installing these speakers or whether I can do it myself.
I'm not too great with electronics adn stuff, but I'm not bad also. I did make my own computer if that helps at all.
But, my questions are
1) do I need some speaker harnesses in order to install aftermarket speakers?
2) Would you recommend that I get the components installed by professionals?
3) Would you recommend that I get my coaxials installed by professionals?
Thanks in advance. This will all help me save money in the end.
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:25 pm
by Darthness
1) dependso n the car... my stock speakears had some weird adapter. we choped it off, found which was positive and which was negative, and isntalled female disconnects and called it a day.
2) Yes... a professional will probably tunr your cross overs beter and will probably mount the tweeter right and everything.
3) If your doing components and coaxils.. may as well get it all done at once.
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:26 pm
by audiobass10
Installing coaxials are very easy as well as installing components. You should be able to do it on your own with a little reading. However, finding good imaging in your front stage will not be easy, unless you plan to use stock locations.
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:27 pm
by NViejeP
Darthness wrote:1) dependso n the car... my stock speakears had some weird adapter. we choped it off, found which was positive and which was negative, and isntalled female disconnects and called it a day.
2) Yes... a professional will probably tunr your cross overs beter and will probably mount the tweeter right and everything.
3) If your doing components and coaxils.. may as well get it all done at once.
Thanks for 1 and 2. But the thing is that I'm looking for the cheapest place that will install it, and so far that has been Crutchfield's install cards and they are $45 a pair of speakers. So I can save $45 by installing my coaxials.
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:28 pm
by NViejeP
audiobass10 wrote:Installing coaxials are very easy as well as installing components. You should be able to do it on your own with a little reading. However, finding good imaging in your front stage will not be easy, unless you plan to use stock locations.
I'm just using stock, I'm not incredibly crazy on that imaging stuff. Especially after reading that one guys post about his neighbor screwing it up lol.
I probably can take off the door panel just fine, I'm just worried about that harness and molding and cutting wires and stuff. If none of that is involved, I'll be fine.
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:33 pm
by audiobass10
All you'll need to do is run wires from your amplifier to your components up front and i'm assuming you'll be running the rear coax's off the HU so you just need to replace the facory speakers with your after market speakers using the existing speaker wires
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:46 pm
by NViejeP
audiobass10 wrote:All you'll need to do is run wires from your amplifier to your components up front and i'm assuming you'll be running the rear coax's off the HU so you just need to replace the facory speakers with your after market speakers using the existing speaker wires
Cool sounds simple enough. I can probably do the coaxials.