Page 1 of 1

Best SQ Coaxials, Components under $150?

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:23 pm
by brentbarrie
Id like to spend $150 or less on each a set of components, and a set of coaxials. What are the best brands? Looking for the best sound quality in these speakers. I plan on powering them with a 4 channel Hifonics amp.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:49 pm
by High Society
I'm using a pair of arc audio 5022's they are low power but sound great. I'd look into that for some nice coax's I got those for 20 shipped. I think the RE comp set is about $150. I think you can get some CDT comps some where online for around there with some free dynomat.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:04 am
by sinister audio
arc has a nice set of comps in that area and bravox has some nice coaxs, REs comps arnt done yet and thats all i can think of right now.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:09 am
by brentbarrie
How about Alpine's? I know their priced pretty good and in my range and have been recommended to me by a lot of people. Im not sure if they are a very good SQ though. What would you say?

Where can I find the brands you guys mentioned?

Thanks.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:12 am
by High Society
my buddy has home type-s coax's. Ran off the hu, so it sounds like every other speaker ran off an hu. I'd say if you were gonna go with alpine stick with the type R's and up

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:25 am
by sinister audio

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:46 am
by brentbarrie
Thats guys. I appreciate it.