Page 1 of 2
need ideas
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:18 pm
by smoker
ok we got a vinyl plotter at work a few months ago and we have really just done some lettering and stuff but since i got the altima i been itching to do some graphics....this is what the car looks like...well ok mine doesnt have those wheels but the color is the same except i have tinted windows....i need some ideas for graphics on this thing.....ive never done anything to a car like this and my idea of graphics for a car amounts to an old school 4 color flame job....probably not a good idea for a 4 door rice burner....so what do you guys think?the pic is too big to load here with any quality but i am clueless on this....
http://www.nissantalk.com/registry/user ... alty10.jpg
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:20 pm
by Jonathan
I have trouble picturing you as the type of guy that drives an Altima with vinyl graphics on the side of it. Doesn't really help you a lot, but I'm more into clean and simple.
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:05 pm
by William from NOLA
Jonathan wrote:I have trouble picturing you as the type of guy that drives a Sentra with vinyl graphics on the side of it. Doesn't really help you a lot, but I'm more into clean and simple.
Psst: Altima
It makes him just that much cooler.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:07 pm
by Jonathan
Edited. Was thinking about that Sentra in the other thread, thx for the heads up.
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:59 pm
by joeyc
hmmm, not to big on the vinyl myself. I would do one of those that looks like something is ripping thru the metal, those are cool!!
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:54 am
by GlassWolf
I used to own a sign business. had one of those plotters and a thermal 4 color printer for vinyl. That was how I made the sign for my Festiva. did a 2' long /////ALPINE sticker for the rear window. 5% tint, 3M reflective vinyl, blue for the ///// and white for the letters.
it was really pretty :)
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:43 am
by smoker
yea im not really the ricer type as i am 6'1" and 240 lbs. its a little tough getting in and out of something that sits so low but i can appreciate and car if it is done well, never thought id say this but ive already ordered a high flow air filter kit for it that bolts directly to the maf meter eliminating a big box and some tubing that holds the factory air cleaner....
damn i figured you guys would be full of ideas
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:16 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I would do something simple...
Like a green line about 1/2" or so thick like a heart beat....
I dunno, Im no artist and my artistic lobe in my brain was vibrated to death when I was 17ish... (Damn subs!)
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:46 am
by Darthness
hell my artistic lobe as gone before i turned 12
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:56 am
by smoker
im thinking maybe something like this but i dont know how to make the graphics show up on a pic of my car in paint or whatever so its kinda hard to tell.........