Page 1 of 2
Comps for truck
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 am
by solacedagony
Hey guys, I just wondered what your thoughts were on components that would work well in my little regular cab '03 Ranger. I don't know much about components, slopes, etc. I am running stock speakers off my HU with a 12" XXX in a sealed box. I'm looking at a price range of about 100$-400$, amp not included. I've never installed components before, but I have a general idea of what I'm doing. If I didn't cover something, let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Jake
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:29 am
by Justin from Detroit1
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:51 am
by solacedagony
Haha, nice plug :)
I've heard of a lot of different set and companies, I'm just wondering which ones will work well in my truck. I would imagine the drivers probably won't be point straight at me due to lack of room, so off-axis would be important?
Also, what ways can I mount a tweeter without having to cut a hole for it in the door? Would velcro work so I could also move it or is that not a viable option?
Thanks for your thoughts also Justin, I'll keep it in mind :)
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:08 am
by sinister audio
how about some bravox Kevlars? they are some very very nice comps and they are right in your price range brand new.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:05 am
by solacedagony
The company is Bravox? That's one I haven't come across yet. Have a website for them?
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:08 am
by Bwcad1
Bravoxaudio.com
I Think Me And Devin Are The Only Dealers On Here For Them
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:08 am
by sinister audio
sure do
http://www.bravoxaudio.com some of the best i have come across so far and they all have a 3yr warranty so if you ever have a problem with them which im sure you wont cause i rip on mine with double the power they should have and they still keep on kicking. i also made a set into some home audio boox shelfs and they will play down to like 45hz and do it very well too alot of people think i have a sub with them.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:35 pm
by solacedagony
Hmm, what am I looking at pricewise for one of these sets? And will they work well in my truck? As well, what are some alternate sets that may work well? I was looking at the SEAS Performance set originally.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm
by sinister audio
do you want the 5 1/4" set the 6.5 set or the 5x7" set
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:56 pm
by solacedagony
I'd be looking at a 6.5 set, unless you thought I should go differently.
Also, what is each of those sets aimed at, on their website, they have 3 comp sets.