Page 1 of 2

sound system help

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:01 pm
by wretchedhunger
i recently purchased a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692S 6x9 component speakers for my rear speakers and now i'm looking to upgrade my front speakers. Pontiac kinda screwed me with their 4x6 front speakers. I can't get front components because nothing will fit. What speakers should I get?

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:36 pm
by smoker
you can get components in there with a little work....should be able to get a 5 1/4 set pretty easy.......

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:58 pm
by wretchedhunger
what would i have to do to get 5 1/4's in. i know barely anything about cars or speakers so it would be a little difficult. also any advice on which speakers?

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:00 pm
by smoker
what kind of car?

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:19 pm
by wretchedhunger
2000 pontiac sunfire 2dr coupe

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:26 pm
by smoker
yea you can get comps in there...you just have to make a mounting baffle that will replace the factory speaker

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:49 pm
by joeyc
Dremel babeee :)

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:50 pm
by Ranger SVO
If I remember correctly, Metra makes adapter rings for the Cavalier/Sunfire so that 5-1/4 can be put into the 4 X 6 place.

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:21 pm
by smoker
i think that is for fords 5x7's i think with 4x6 you just get a 4"


of course i could be wrong and will pray to my richard clark shrine for forgiveness in this matter should i be proven incorrect and for having doubted my elder (ranger svo)

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:32 pm
by Ranger SVO
I have been known to make mistakes and at the moment I am not near the shop so for now I will rely on my memory (infested with alzheimers), even though it fails me at times (hope I remember 20th Anniversary this year).