Page 1 of 1

Basic wire connection help needed

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 am
by install1
I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.

I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?

I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?

Await any advice

Thanks
J

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:44 am
by Ryan from Ohio
install1 wrote:I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.
I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?
I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?
Await any advice
Thanks
J

Its not a matter of matching wire colors but the names of the wires.

I dont use the illumination wire as I like my HU bright all the time.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:51 am
by Justin from Detroit1
Connect the red and yellow, then connect the oranges.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:07 pm
by install1
Thanks for replying.

So just to check.

Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected

Did I understand it correct?

Thanks
J

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:16 pm
by Bwcad1
U Got It!

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:33 pm
by install1
Many thanks for all replies

Will report back later with good news I hope


J

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:08 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
install1 wrote:Thanks for replying.
So just to check.
Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected
Did I understand it correct?
Thanks
J
What radio is this?

Usually the radio harness is as follows:

Red 12V switched
Yellow 12V Constant
Black Ground
Blue (in some form with varying stripes) Power Antenna/Amp turn on

Then you run into your speaker connections...