Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
What Do You Think About This Car
What Do You Think About This Car
The car is a concept that Chrysler has plans, I hope, to make in 2008. It is a remake of a Dodge Challenger with some old school styling ie. Mustang. Alot, of people I know are car nuts and love it. I know being car audio forum most people love cars, but I know alot of people who do their customizing by doing performance upgrades not audio etc.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
My main questions are is would you buy it if money was no hinderance, my guess is that it wont be cheap.
Do you think it is awesome or too gimicky, over the top, and ugly.
What do you think would the demand be for this car, if they kept the price around the new Mustang GT prices.
I think it is awesome of course some of the interior stylings to me look a little over the top, and could be refined some. The exterior is just beautiful, wow did they do a great job. It could be a tad lighter though 4100 lbs, and the body is all carbon fiber. Also, there are reports of Chrysler possibly using a NASCAR 392 Hemi, detuned to be street legal, in the Challenger can anyone say over 500hp production car.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
My main questions are is would you buy it if money was no hinderance, my guess is that it wont be cheap.
Do you think it is awesome or too gimicky, over the top, and ugly.
What do you think would the demand be for this car, if they kept the price around the new Mustang GT prices.
I think it is awesome of course some of the interior stylings to me look a little over the top, and could be refined some. The exterior is just beautiful, wow did they do a great job. It could be a tad lighter though 4100 lbs, and the body is all carbon fiber. Also, there are reports of Chrysler possibly using a NASCAR 392 Hemi, detuned to be street legal, in the Challenger can anyone say over 500hp production car.
I think the demand is there. I don't think it'll sell like the Mustang will. Mustang is the icon, the original.
I love the styling. Beats the crap out of an import.
The Challenger will be a good alternative to the Mustang. And it'll pick up a lot of what the Camaro left behind. You have your diehard Ford and Chevy guys, and few intermingle between the two. That's where a lot of the Challenger could come in. Unless you want a FWD V8 like the Impala.
I love the styling. Beats the crap out of an import.
The Challenger will be a good alternative to the Mustang. And it'll pick up a lot of what the Camaro left behind. You have your diehard Ford and Chevy guys, and few intermingle between the two. That's where a lot of the Challenger could come in. Unless you want a FWD V8 like the Impala.
Thanks, for the reply. I guess Chevy plans to reintroduce a Camaro that is supposed to look like a 68 or 69 Camaro, but I didn't see it in the picture that I saw. Looked way to futuristic, and just plain dumb. But maybe it was because it was a computer grafted image, and the real one will look better. I'll see if a can find a pic.
It's better than I remember, but I just don't like the back end. http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows ... o_concept/
The sad thing is that GM isn't really showing an effort to make it. Zeta platform is axed, they're trying to "justify" a new platform, and we aren't seeing anything but that drawing. They could at least tease us with a concept or a clay mold of the thing. That concept looks a tad too overdone. They need to smooth it out a bit and it'll look great. By that time we'll be looking at the 480hp GT500 Mustang, with a pulley change it'll kick up to 550hp.
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
that's what they are thinking the camaro is going to look like? ugh.
I swear all the designers that worked for GM have quit or retired, and now they have monkeys doing the work for them.
This is just hedious

ya, lets put the clock in the instrument panel, where no one else can see. Then you get to hear your passenger asking 'what time is it' every 5 minutes.
I think it would be cool, if they plan on doing a retro type car if they keep the body pretty much to the original, but then use all today's technologies to make it better. Sort of a yesterday and today combine.
Like projection HID's up front, LED tail/brake lights (when off, they would look just like the old style, but lit up you can see the LEDs).
just do stuff like that, don't try and invent a Jetsons car.
I swear all the designers that worked for GM have quit or retired, and now they have monkeys doing the work for them.
This is just hedious

ya, lets put the clock in the instrument panel, where no one else can see. Then you get to hear your passenger asking 'what time is it' every 5 minutes.
I think it would be cool, if they plan on doing a retro type car if they keep the body pretty much to the original, but then use all today's technologies to make it better. Sort of a yesterday and today combine.
Like projection HID's up front, LED tail/brake lights (when off, they would look just like the old style, but lit up you can see the LEDs).
just do stuff like that, don't try and invent a Jetsons car.
That design is similar to the first Camaros, but I wasn't all that hot on their interior design, either. Or the exterior. 60s Mustangs always looked better to me, Camaros look too much like the 70s cars like the Pintos and Vegas. That kind of squared off front end and half rounded styling, square, blocky interior design. I was never into it.
Interiors haven't ever been GMs forte anyway. I do think they need to fire some designers, though.
Interiors haven't ever been GMs forte anyway. I do think they need to fire some designers, though.
Jonathan wrote:The sad thing is that GM isn't really showing an effort to make it. Zeta platform is axed, they're trying to "justify" a new platform, and we aren't seeing anything but that drawing. They could at least tease us with a concept or a clay mold of the thing. That concept looks a tad too overdone. They need to smooth it out a bit and it'll look great. By that time we'll be looking at the 480hp GT500 Mustang, with a pulley change it'll kick up to 550hp.
Wow, 70hp with a pulley change. Is that for real? I've heard of moderate or even decent gains with pulley changes, but that is alot more power. Or is that like a Ford or engine specific power increase, or maybe I've been to into older cars to even know you could get that kind of power with pulleys.
Same engine as the Ford GT, supercharged 5.4L, pulley is downsized for the Mustang version. 480hp is conservatively rated, it really puts out over 500hp anyway. 550 won't be as large a jump as the 480 rating would make you think. I'd guess they rated it so low because of both insurance reasons and to allow for production tolerances. The GT is hand assembled, the Mustang won't be.