Page 1 of 4

mt test

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:55 am
by Bwcad1
Well threw the MT 15 in my box no modifications to the amp settings pretty conservative as I don’t want to kill my back up. Flat settings on the hu half bass boost on the remote +9db and It did a 142.5 (didnt have time to look at note not half bad for conservative settings. Sounds really decent sounds better then the premier but the premier was just as loud (run at max settings for its limit however). Cant wait to get the ex back!

still not on the :RE yet

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:58 am
by ridr4lif
Hmm...sounds like someone likes RE now................

You will be on the :RE soon

Now come on, crank up the settings and let 'er rip!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:07 am
by William from NOLA
I like MT's. I've heard two 18's. If you throw about 4k watts at it, you'll do over 150. I saw one in a pickup truck with a normal ported box that did 152. The other was in a wall with an spl car and did 162.

I wouldn't put the bass boost on anything +. Keep it right at 0. I think you only add distortion.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 am
by Bwcad1
actually with the bass boost up on the amp there is no distortion im only putting about 2000+ wattts to it the autotek is rated at 2000@1ohm @12.6V i dont know what to change i dont want to turn down the ssf and risk burning it up especially in that box. ill just play with it till i get it right!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:12 am
by LoudS10Blazer
wait you already got the MT?

EDIT:
How did u wire it to .7 or 2.8? and how was the condition of the sub from fedex?

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:23 am
by Bwcad1
yea lol i got the mt was waiting at my door at 11:30 ran home on lunch break and yea i ran it at .7 sub looked really good no marks or anything fed ex did a really good job! ill call you tonight to get your number on where to send the money! remeber you shipped overnight priority!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:28 am
by LoudS10Blazer
oh yah I knew u probably got it, but I didnt think you put it in already :) Good, now I gotta wait to hear from Joe to see if he got everything. Yah just call me tonight bro. BTW mind if I use you as an reference?

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:35 am
by Bwcad1
nah you are by far one of the best people to work with glad to have you as a memeber!!! DJ is a good guy everyone, he knows his shit!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:41 am
by LoudS10Blazer
whats that box tuned 2 also?

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:56 am
by Bwcad1
its tuned to 50hz but that was for a 12 not that its a 15 im sure its a little lower so probably around 46-48hz