Page 1 of 1
Alpine CDA-7892 & JBL 1200.1 settings
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:17 pm
by 97Expoman
Anyone know what typical settings I should use for my LPF and HPF or for the deck in general? I am running 2 12" Kicker compVR DVC 2ohm subs with a JBL 1200.1 amp. Anyone who has had expierence with this deck or amp if you could let me know what optimal settings worked best for both the deck and amp. I am open to all suggestions from sub level to xpander on or off etc... Sorry guys I am very new and just want to tune my system correctly since I have no Idea what I am doing yet.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:34 pm
by High Society
Do you have all the RCA inputs hooked up on the JBL? thats if it's the power series.
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:27 pm
by 97Expoman
Yes I am using the Y adapters for all RCA connections on the amp
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:20 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Use the LPF on the amplifier. Set it to around 80hz if you are using 12"s, or 50hz if you are using 15"s. Use the HPF on the HU. Set it to 80hz.
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 pm
by 97Expoman
Should I set the LPF on the HU to flat or 80hz and HPF to 80hz?It is hard to tell where 80hz is on the amp since it has no markings it reads from 32hz to 320hz. I assume maybe somewhere a 1/4 way turned up is about 80hz. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the LPF on the deck control what range it puts out regardless of what the LPF on the amp is set to?
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:19 pm
by JeremyC
OK I looked up your deck, and this is what I would do.
I would use your amp for the LPF, and set it around 80 herts, and leave the decks LPF to flat. The reason I say this is that the amp is a 24db crossover, and the headunit is a 12db. IMO 12db is to shallow of a slope for a sub.
Then I would set the headunits HPF about 100 (if you can. if not then 80 will be ok). Components tend to roll of naturally at 12db, so your headunit will work out well in that area.
That should give you a good starting point. Just make sure you mark the amp with a pencil once you think you have it. That way you can play around some more, and go back the the original if you don't find something you like better.