i was thinking of upgrading from alpine's cda9827 to pioneer's deh9600.
does anyone have feedback about (or own) this model, or about pioneer's line of headunits?
i would be upgrading to a 24bit dac, 13band eq, hp/lp filters, and the added coolness of the moterized, folddown faceplate.
also about the eq. is having a headunit with a built in eq work just as well as an external one? how excatly do they differ, if at all. thanks
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Pioneer's DEH-9600
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
I own the DEH-P9600MP. I think it is great. It has very good sound quality and is fairly easy to navigate and use. My only real issue is when the face won't go on easily. Only a few quirks, nothing major. I wrote up a review the other day in the Product Review forum, but it hasn't been approved by the moderator yet.
The internal EQ won't be as good as an external one most of the time. The head unit already already has many components inside of it, so it is handled digitally. An external one can be either digital or analog. AudioControl makes the best analog ones out there.
The internal EQ won't be as good as an external one most of the time. The head unit already already has many components inside of it, so it is handled digitally. An external one can be either digital or analog. AudioControl makes the best analog ones out there.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 
I used to own the previous model of it. I loved the sound quality I got from it. I can only imagine the quality to be as good or better. Never had any problems with the deck. Only issue was that the CD's would get really hot on road trip in the summer. It damaged one of my burned CD's but never hurt regular CD's I bought