Page 1 of 2

Re's New Toy!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:51 pm
by 6three6mafia6
just found this in another thread too, just tought i would bring it to us here, now whe all know RE and there great products,and how they have one of the best subs ever(xxx), well they have had a protype sub that smashes a xxx, and rapes a W7, its gona have 45mm of one way excursion(13 more mm!),very impresive , there are not details , no name, no price, no thing, RE is keeping real quiet, even tought this sub has insane xmax the sub to take the cake is still is still the pathernon, it simply ended the xmax wars(82mm!)for those of you who dont know just how much xmax that is just think of a car with 3,000 horse power, or a man that weights 2,000 pounds, so everybody please bow down(hits the knees) :bow
Image

Image

Image

this think is a BEST, taller than xxx!

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:23 pm
by Livinloud
Okay before I say anything remember this is a forum where people post their opinions. Now....

My friend has a 12" XXX running off of a 1500 watt amp. Im not sure what brand his amp is, but I know its not Boss or anything. Yes it sounds good and all of that, but as much hype RE has I would think it would sound a lot better than it actually does. (Yes I know its a SPL sub)

Anyways....

That sub is a monster.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:43 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
The XXX is not an SPL sub.

It may sound bad becasue of many things.
1. Shitty Amp (meaning non-audiophile quality, this includes jbl, kicker, and all mid-level amplifiers)
2. Cheap RCA's
3. Weak Pre-Outs
4. Bad Wiring
5. Poor Enclosure Design

and many more. I had a pair of 10" XXX's and they were the best subs I have heard in a long time, especially in SQ and SPL. I had them powered with a $1000 high-end amp, all audiophile quality RCA's and wiring, and a perfectly designed and engineered ported enclosure. It takes a lot more then a "not shitty" amp to make an audiophile quality subwoofer sound good.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:55 pm
by Livinloud
Yeah I know I'm not a dumbass.

All of his wires/whatever the hell were legit.

I swear you can not post a damn message stating your opinion without somebody telling you your wrong.

Just because you had those subs and you think they were great doesn't mean everyone else should think that....

His box was built to RE's specs. Like I said it sounded good, but (so this is my opinion) with all the hype behind the XXX's I would think it would sound a lot better than it did. (again my opinion...doesnt mean I'm wrong)

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:16 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Where did I say you were wrong? I was saying that even the best subwoofer can sound like shit if not put in perfect conditions. I never called you a dumbass, never made any comment or anything coming remotely close to putting you down. I'm not here defending a company or anything becasue honestly I could give a shit if RE sells any subwoofers. I obviously didn't think they were too amazing if I sold them for some Rainbow's, huh? Don't get all pissy over stupid shit.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:27 pm
by Livinloud
If you weren't trying to prove me wrong then why did you list 5 other things that could have been wrong with it besides the sub not being as great as certain people make it.

You never came out and called me a dumbass,but thats pretty much what I think you were trying to say.

Im just gonna stop with that.....No need to bring stupidity to this forum......

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:39 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
I wasn't trying to prove you wrong just bringing into the light the fact that TEHRE ARE MANY FACTORS IN A GOOD SOUNDING SYSTEM AND PERHAPS ONE WAS MISSING AND THAT IS WHAT IT SOUNDED UNSATISFACTORY TO YOU.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:34 am
by Ryan from Ohio
to each their own!
I had a pair of 10" XXX's and they were the best subs I have heard in a long time


True that!

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:48 am
by Livinloud
Ryan from Ohio wrote:to each their own!



True that!

How did I know this was coming?

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:39 pm
by 6three6mafia6
hey livin loud, like justin said ,it could be many things , maybe the guy is running a hifonics amp and has the boost all the way up , or maybe not, but it dosent matter its just an opinion coimng from you just like justins opinion, but yeah lets all go back to admire this amazing beuty.hey by the way livnig loud what type of stuff are you runing just out of curiosity?