Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New HU

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
kevinberry1
Senior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

New HU

Post by kevinberry1 »

I've started to look into upgrading my deck from the Kenwood KDC-v7017 I purchased 3 years ago. I would like something that has mp3 capability, has good visual appeal, and is XM ready.

One problem is that my Arc 1000.2t only accepts up to 2.5v, so many of the 4v and 5v preout head units won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions for head units that have these options? Thanks.
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Your ARC amp can accept 4v and 5v no problem. Read the owners manual, it fully explains why it can handle them without a problem.
kevinberry1
Senior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by kevinberry1 »

The owner's manual, what's that? :) I'll give it a look when I get home.
I used their website to check the specs and it said up to 2.5v, but I believe you since you were the previous owner.

I guess that changes my search for a HU. Suggestions for a decent player?
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I would look into Pioneer or Alpine. Both make awesome decks.

tedd
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Agreed^ Do You Want Me To Keep Looking Kevin?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
kevinberry1
Senior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by kevinberry1 »

That would be great if you could keep looking, and I do appreciate it :thumbsup

I'm in no hurry because my deck works okay, so I can be patient. I am just ready for an upgrade.

How does this one look? I know it's ebay so please don't hate me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-PANASONIC ... otohosting
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

I'll be the first to admit I'm a little behind the times, but when I'm shopping for a deck, I try to find one that has at least one 24 bit dac rather than a 1 bit. Plus the other things you mentioned, MP3, high voltage preouts, etc. Pioneer has the DEX-P9, Eclipse has CD-8445 and CD-8455. I'll be buying the CD-8455 unless the come out with a new deck before I get around to it. Nakamichi CD700II also. Those would be my top choices.
racerraul
Senior Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Florida

Post by racerraul »

kevinberry1 wrote: One problem is that my Arc 1000.2t only accepts up to 2.5v, so many of the 4v and 5v preout head units won't work.
The voltage outputs of HU is not constant at all volume levels. Some HU don't make the full voltage until the volume is maxed or near maxed and that is tested with a constant sine wave...

Music is much more dynamic & if you take time to test the voltage outputs of your HU's with music... you will be surprised to hardly ever see 2v... let alone 4v or higher...

So it will work...
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Airforceyooper wrote: I'll be buying the CD-8455 unless the come out with a new deck before I get around to it.
The 8445 and 8455 just came out in may, so I wouldn't expect them to come out with anything else any time soon.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

Pioneer Premier.. visually nice, great feaures, mp3/wma, XM or Sirius ready with the right models.. iPod adaptable with some too, and well priced.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply