Page 1 of 3

Name of subwoofer

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:14 am
by iondb
There is a subwoofer out there that looks almost like the earhquake magma series, but I cannot remember the name of that subs. Can anyone help? Will try and locate the pic I had on my pc at home and post it.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:23 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Your Probably thinking of the old Elemental Designs (eD) Flat Cones.

Yeah they were pretty...

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:03 am
by iondb
Thanx a mil Basstronics!!!!! It was driving me crazy. I assume there is newer models out? Will search them on the net and have a look.

I know this question is very subjective, but, what is a good sub these days? Lets say 200w rms 12" in a small hatchback car listeneing to various types of music?

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 am
by Ryan from Ohio
The new eD subs are not that same style as they used to be.

as for your question... I REALLY like the Arc udio ARC series subs. THey take 250 WRMS but 200 WRMS will easily make a 12" go boom like so :excited:

Really nice subs. You can beat the snot out of them and they will keep on going and going.

I highly reccomend them. The build quality is just superb!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:54 am
by GlassWolf
arc, elevation audio, resonant engineering's RE series, alpine type S, kicker comp (non VR), JL audio 12W0, ascendant audio..
plenty of good subs in that power range

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:43 am
by iondb
Thanks Kiki. I didn't see Rockford Fosgate inbetween the names. Any particular reason or just personal preference? Most of the other names are not readily available here in S.A. All we have here that is well known is: RF, JL, Kicker, Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Pioneer and Kenwood.Most of them are overpriced. I see that DOG Audio recently landed here also. The rest of the stuff is is basically crap. (......learned that the hard way.....)

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:02 am
by Darthness
JL w1v2 is pretty good as well.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:19 am
by Ryan from Ohio
DOG Audio?

Ummm yeah avoid!

Kicker Comp CVR, JL anything, BA is good, Kenwood- no...

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:40 am
by GlassWolf
RF is good for mass production. about on par with Kicker.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:49 am
by iondb
Is $300 bit steep for a 12w0? Thats the going rate for JL here in S.A. Thats why I looked at some of RF's stuff. A P2 RF will go for half of that. Not clued up on kicker tho. Will find out.