Page 1 of 3

Newbie to the audio world needs help with purchase!!!

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 am
by cyberface
I'm shopping for a system to put in my 2005 Roush Mustang. A friend says I should go with JL Audio W3 10" woofer and a JL Audio 250/1 amp. I went to a local shop and they said that a Crossfire VR600D Amp for $449 and A crossfire DB310D woofer for $119 would be the way to go. My friend says that I would be loosing power with the Crossfire system because I would need two 10"'s to get what the crossfire amp is pushing. It's been many years since I bought a system for my car. Can anyone help me with this or does anyone have a suggesstion for a better system.
Thanks.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:53 am
by smoker
well to be honest, im a mustang guy and if i had a roush mustang i wouldnt touch it. just drive it fast. but if you are bound to do thisi would look around a lot more. i dont know a lot about crossfire but i have owned a jl 250/1 and it was alright. unfortunately there is more power out there for the money that the jl will run you. that being said the jl has a lot of features and is a nice amp. but without know what type of budget your on its hard to make recomendations based on what i like.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:34 pm
by cyberface
smoker wrote:well to be honest, im a mustang guy and if i had a roush mustang i wouldnt touch it. just drive it fast. but if you are bound to do thisi would look around a lot more. i dont know a lot about crossfire but i have owned a jl 250/1 and it was alright. unfortunately there is more power out there for the money that the jl will run you. that being said the jl has a lot of features and is a nice amp. but without know what type of budget your on its hard to make recomendations based on what i like.
The roush came with a Shaker 500. I wanted to get a Shaker 100 which came with it's own sub, but they didn't have that on a roush. I'm trying to keep my budget on this around $700 -1000.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:57 pm
by sinister audio
im a mustang guy too i drive a 91 gt. i would put a very kick ass system in there. id do a elevation audio pro 12 and maybe an elevation audio xs200.2 for it or an autotek 500 watt mono.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:14 pm
by GlassWolf
plenty of good companies out there.
better off naming a budget and telling us what you want to do or get out of the system.. your musical tastes etc.. otherwise you'll get a hundred different suggestions from a hundred different people

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:45 pm
by cyberface
KikiTheCat wrote:plenty of good companies out there.
better off naming a budget and telling us what you want to do or get out of the system.. your musical tastes etc.. otherwise you'll get a hundred different suggestions from a hundred different people
As far as budget I would like to stay between $700 and $1000. I already have plenty of mids and highs so all I think i need is subs. The Shaker 500 that came with the car is really good. My musical tastes vary greatly.... classic rock to rap to techno....even some country....but don't tell anyone. I don't really need anything that's going to win a competition. I just want a great sound. I hope this clarifies my need a bit.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:37 pm
by smoker
man for a grand you can get about anything within reason that you want, especially if you do your own work. where are you located. maybe someone here has a hook up for you....

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:19 pm
by cyberface
smoker wrote:man for a grand you can get about anything within reason that you want, especially if you do your own work. where are you located. maybe someone here has a hook up for you....
I'm in the McComb, Mississippi area.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:20 pm
by smoker
i dont know if anyone on the board is that way or not but maybe theyll post here and be able to help you out. i dont know what is available in your area but for a grand or so you can do a lot better than a 10w3 and a 250/1.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:15 am
by Ryan from Ohio
That single 10" JL and JL amp will work. You might feel a little lacking...

I would go with a single 12" Sub of a sort.

Im assuming its a stock Alternator, so you want to keep it in reason...

Maybe 1 12" JL W3 and that JL 250/1

I dont see a problem with that. Good quality equipment, just a bit pricey. have them install it with your factory stuff...