Page 1 of 2
this is for kiki,or any other old school orion experts
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:08 am
by diceman1000
hey kiki,what do you think about an orion sx 2150,i can trade a couple of ps2 games,and maybe the console itself for it,and possibly get another ps2 out of the deal,i would be trading my brother in-law,he has a fairly new ps2 and for some reason it won't play the older style games(blue bottom),i think it just needs cleaned...my ps2 was bought about 6 mos. after they hit the market,and i've never had any problems with it...he's going to try and clean his,but he still wants to possibly trade for gta:sanandreas,and a few other games...what do you thik?also,do you know the specs of this amp right off?...i did a search and this is what i found...
orion sx 2150
150x2rms@4ohms
300x2rms@2ohms
600x1rms@4ohms
[email protected] volts
is this right?if so it will work perfect for my dual 4ohm eD13Kv2's...just trying to see if this is a good trade...thanks in advance
Damon
sorry,i posted in the wrong forum...can someone please move this...
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:41 am
by smoker
black cover? damn good amp, id trade but i have a play station i havent touched in like a year...we bought it played it a few times and figured out there were better things to do in the bedroom.....
,,,
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:10 pm
by diceman1000
yeah,black cover...good trade then huh?:P...i hope he doesn't change his mind
Damon
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:34 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
smoker wrote:we bought it played it a few times and figured out there were better things to do in the bedroom.....
That about the time she got pregnant?
:happy055:
Couldnt resist

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:50 pm
by smoker
yea real close....just a coincidence i think..maybe ill start playing it more often
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:41 pm
by GlassWolf
I have one. good amplifier. I see them sellon ebay a lot for about $150-200 used. If that's worth the trade to you, go for it.
It's class AB, and runs hot.. usual operating temp is 160degF or so under load, but it's a very clean amp. I used mine to drive four 5" mids, 4 soft domes, and 4 hard domes in the Festiva.
I used one in my Jeep to drive a pair of Kappa Perfect 6.1s, ref 6.5 coaxs, and two twelves, too.
...
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:41 pm
by diceman1000
well i made the trade,but i only had to trade one game :) ...have it running my eD 13Kv2's(dual 4ohm)...i replaced a crossfire bmf600d with it...just as loud and a little cleaner than the crossfire...
Damon
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:13 am
by GlassWolf
pretty amps, too.
same case as my 2250SX amps.. I like the SX black and silver cases.. those and the GS series gold ones. :)
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:28 am
by racerraul
KikiTheCat wrote:.... and the GS series gold ones. :)
Wow... that really brings back memories. I remember drooling over those GS as well
Back then I could only afford the good old GT's, and i wish I still had them, even those rival much of the crap available today...
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:50 pm
by GlassWolf
yeah I saw a guy mis-list a system stripped out of a car on ebay once.. sold teo old round solobaric kicker subs in the box, a GS500 (the 2250SX in gold basically) and all of the wiring etc.. and it went for $150.
one bid.
I didn't find it till after it'd closed.. I almost cried. haha