Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

[resolved] CD Player doesn't keep amps on in CD mode

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
two1084
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:56 am

CD Player doesn't keep amps on in CD mode

Post by two1084 »

I just installed a couple bazooka amps to run my infiniti 5x7s in my truck. When I turn the CD player to receive input from the tuner everything works fine, but when I turn it to CD mode the amps cut off and I get no sound. The head unit is a Kenwood KDC-MP428, and I had a very similar set up in my old car that worked fine. Anybody know what the heck is wrong?
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

It is wired wrong. You have the remote wire to the amps wired into the "Power Antenna" wire on the HU. The power antenna is only on when the radio is. Switch your remote turn on wire to the blue wire w/ a white stripe, it's a remote turn on wire.
two1084
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:56 am

Post by two1084 »

That was it, I appreciate it
Post Reply