switched to JL amp. now have a noise
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:05 am
I previously had a noise after installing a new deck. picked up a ground loop isolator and that got rid of the engine whine noise. the other day I continued on with the upgrading process and installed new speakers. no noise from that. then pulled out the american legacy 4 channel amp and put in a JL 300/4. and the engine whine is back, although it is very quite, i can still hear it when the volume is very low. the JL is wired in the exact same as the American legacy was. why would the JL make more noise. could it be that its more sensative so it can pick up the noise easier.
I have a JL amp wiring Kit that i will be putting in next. hopefully that will help with the noise. After that, the only thing i could think is to upgrade my RCA's.
could running bigger ground cables on the battery help? or running bigger wires to the alternater help?
I have a JL amp wiring Kit that i will be putting in next. hopefully that will help with the noise. After that, the only thing i could think is to upgrade my RCA's.
could running bigger ground cables on the battery help? or running bigger wires to the alternater help?