Noob with question about 2012 Malibu battery stupidity
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am
Hello to all:
I am gearing up to install a new head unit, new speakers, amps, the works, in my 2012 Chevy Malibu. I was all set to buy a really nice, all-in-one wiring kit...then I looked under my hood, and the battery has some incredibly stupid design that won't allow me to use a distribution block right at the battery terminal like I planned. The factory battery connector actually rises UP over the freakin' battery before it joins the wires! ARRRRRRGH! Anyone have a good idea for this? Is there some way to extend the battery post up higher so I can use the distribution block shown in the picture? Thanks in advance for any informed replies!

I am gearing up to install a new head unit, new speakers, amps, the works, in my 2012 Chevy Malibu. I was all set to buy a really nice, all-in-one wiring kit...then I looked under my hood, and the battery has some incredibly stupid design that won't allow me to use a distribution block right at the battery terminal like I planned. The factory battery connector actually rises UP over the freakin' battery before it joins the wires! ARRRRRRGH! Anyone have a good idea for this? Is there some way to extend the battery post up higher so I can use the distribution block shown in the picture? Thanks in advance for any informed replies!