Page 1 of 1

Poor amp output

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:39 am
by rfieldwick566
I have a sub running on a amp using high level Inputs that are tapped into my rear speakers. The output of the amp it very low even when the input sensitivity is on full. Could this be because the signal is too weak? Would this be improves with a line out convertor? Thanks


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Poor amp output

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 am
by Chris from Washington
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

In general, yes I would use a LOC instead of the hi-level inputs of the amp. Without knowing the equipment or the install, I don't know if this will fix your issue but it's a good start.

Re: Poor amp output

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:41 am
by rfieldwick566
The amp I'm using is kenwood kac 6104d I've tapped into both rear speakers but the voltage from the stock head unit is only around 8v rms I believe. I'll give the loc a Go. Do you know any good tests for the output on the amp. Listening to general music the ac voltage across the output never rises above 1 volt

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk