Page 1 of 2

subs off and on

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:43 am
by Mitsu
i read some of the other threads on the blown speakers and stuff, but my problem is a little different i think. So i turn on my car and the subs still hit like they normally would, then all of a sudden it stops, and this happens all the time, sometimes it stays off and sometimes ill hit it and it will turn on again, i checked the connections and they seem alright, oh and i dont know if this has anything to do with it but when i change the bass or sub W level sometimes the deck goes off and on once really quickly. Anyone know the problem.


What i have:
i have a sound storm labratories Force F200.4 200W x 4-channel amplifier
and 2 C4 12" subs 700W 4 ohm in a enclosed box
plus a separate 12 aluminum eclpise sub
And a older Alpine HU
I have the subs hooked up so that channel 1 and 2 is bridged wit 8 ohm load

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:27 am
by William from NOLA
Strange. I know for sure it is either your amp or the head unit, which one, is a different story.

I'm leaning toward the head unit, but...

Has it always done this? Have you reconnected everything to both the head unit and amp?

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:39 am
by spkrman
i'm curious...

how is this setup wired???

is it cutting off @ high volume, or is it just random.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:15 am
by Mitsu
i think that i have everything connected, and it has just started doing this, it randomly goes on and off, but most of the time it is off, i dont even have to turn up my volume, sometimes it just doesnt work.

I wired it with the 8 ohm load here, (option 2)
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learn ... dance=SVC4

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:29 pm
by 6three6mafia6
well you got 2 difirent subs, you probably screwed up the wiring somewere, are ALL the subs the same independence?

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:05 am
by GlassWolf
I think he meant impedance

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:20 pm
by spkrman
KikiTheCat wrote:I think he meant impedance
since I don't have anything to really add to this topic.

I'd just like to say that we all need to celebrate impedence day on this july 4th. :cheers:

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:24 am
by GlassWolf
I dunno, I think you may get a lot of resistance at first... before it becomes an accepted holiday.

The post office would love it though. they love any reason to avoid work for a day.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:30 pm
by Fishy
you may get a lot of resistance at first...

Eww, thats awful Kiki.

:embarrass

-Fishy

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:52 pm
by Mitsu
ok so i figure that the settings on my amp were the problem i set the bass boost up quite a bit, then the subs only worked when i set the frequency almost the highest i could, what should i set these at?