Page 1 of 1
Tweeters..are they good to have
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 pm
by atribble73
I am not sure if I spelled it right, tweeter, but I was wondering if those work as good as some claim they do? I know when I spoke to someone about putting a system in my car, they said to prevent the speakers from busting, it would need tweeters? Is this so?
Re: Tweeters..are they good to have
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 pm
by Chris from Washington
atribble73 wrote:I am not sure if I spelled it right, tweeter, but I was wondering if those work as good as some claim they do? I know when I spoke to someone about putting a system in my car, they said to prevent the speakers from busting, it would need tweeters? Is this so?
Tweeters won't do anything from causing your speakers to 'bust'. They may have meant crossovers, those would prevent the 'low freq' from going to your speakers. Basically stopping the bass from getting to speakers that can't handle it.
A tweeter is speaker that plays the higher frequency ranges, you normally place them next to your midranges and have them aimed toward the domelight or review mirror to get a good imaging from them.
Re: Tweeters..are they good to have
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 pm
by latoya0511
I thought about installing me some. If i do will make sure they are put in properly.
Re: Tweeters..are they good to have
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 am
by Jakemacauley
I prefer to have tweeters myself for the performance. When i first bought my prelude i paid something like $45 to get some front tweeters installed. Since then i have added a subwoofer and amp and I am completely happy with my set up. If I turn the treble up on my stereo i can hear the tweeters doin their job. Just gotta make sure you have a good balance of bass and treble so your tweeters dont overdo it.