Page 1 of 1

Which amp do I need

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 pm
by jman21
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Looking to get some advice on a few amps. I just bought a punch p3d412 dual 4ohm and I currently have a kicker zx750. 1 and thinking of getting the kicker dx100. 1. Which amp would be a better for this. Can the dx run in a 1ohm load and supply the full power. Is there a better amp.. I've ran kicker for 15 years and they've never let me down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm
by Chris from Washington
jman21 wrote:Hi everyone, new to the forum. Looking to get some advice on a few amps. I just bought a punch p3d412 dual 4ohm and I currently have a kicker zx750. 1 and thinking of getting the kicker dx100. 1. Which amp would be a better for this. Can the dx run in a 1ohm load and supply the full power. Is there a better amp.. I've ran kicker for 15 years and they've never let me down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, your current amp will power it about right.
I'm trying to look up a DX100.1, but only seem to be able to find a .2.

Could you send me a link to the .1?

Thanks!
Chris

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:06 am
by jman21
I'm sorry its a dx1000. 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:15 am
by Chris from Washington
ah ok, if you mean this guy
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_219 ... 000.1.html

Yes it an be brought down to 1 ohm.

Looking at the zx750.1, it looks like it cannot be ran at 1 ohm.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ak7mRvliTt ... erview-tab

So looks like you might be in the market for a new amp. :)

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:28 am
by jman21
Awesome who doesn't like new toys. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk