Need advice on hooking up car audio system
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm
[TABLE="width: 288"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I don't really understand Ohms very much. Over the last year or so, I have bought the following car audio parts on sale (mostly from best Buy deals-of-the-day) for a 2013 Ford Focus ST I will be getting within the next couple of weeks or so.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Deck[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Sony CDXGT56UI - 52W x 4 AppleĀ® iPodĀ®-/Satellite Radio-Ready In-Dash CD Deck[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amp[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Alpine MRX-V70 - MRX Series 710W Class D Digital Multichannel Amplifier[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Subwoofer[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pioneer TS-W309D2 - 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 2-Ohm Subwoofer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Door Speakers (2 sets)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Polk Audio DXI650 - 6-1/2" Coaxial Loudspeakers with Poly-Mica Cones (Pair)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amp Control[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Alpine RUX-KNOB - Remote Subwoofer Control Knob for Select Alpine Amplifiers - Black[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Subwoofer Box[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Metra TCBXP-112 - 12" Single Ported Subwoofer Enclosure[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I plan on having Best Buy install these parts in the car, but I am not 100% sure that they would know the best way to hook the speakers up to the amp correctly.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]Is it better to hook everything up at 4 ohms, or hook the sub up at 2 ohms and the 4 door speakers up at 4 ohms, etc. ?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I care more about the quality of the music than I do about the volume level.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]What does anyone recommend as the best way to hook everything up?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]Any suggestions would be much appreciated.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thanks :) [/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I don't really understand Ohms very much. Over the last year or so, I have bought the following car audio parts on sale (mostly from best Buy deals-of-the-day) for a 2013 Ford Focus ST I will be getting within the next couple of weeks or so.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Deck[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Sony CDXGT56UI - 52W x 4 AppleĀ® iPodĀ®-/Satellite Radio-Ready In-Dash CD Deck[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amp[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Alpine MRX-V70 - MRX Series 710W Class D Digital Multichannel Amplifier[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Subwoofer[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pioneer TS-W309D2 - 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 2-Ohm Subwoofer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Door Speakers (2 sets)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Polk Audio DXI650 - 6-1/2" Coaxial Loudspeakers with Poly-Mica Cones (Pair)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Amp Control[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Alpine RUX-KNOB - Remote Subwoofer Control Knob for Select Alpine Amplifiers - Black[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Subwoofer Box[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Metra TCBXP-112 - 12" Single Ported Subwoofer Enclosure[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I plan on having Best Buy install these parts in the car, but I am not 100% sure that they would know the best way to hook the speakers up to the amp correctly.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]Is it better to hook everything up at 4 ohms, or hook the sub up at 2 ohms and the 4 door speakers up at 4 ohms, etc. ?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]I care more about the quality of the music than I do about the volume level.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]What does anyone recommend as the best way to hook everything up?[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]Any suggestions would be much appreciated.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thanks :) [/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]