Page 1 of 1

iPod

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm
by Teenforester
I just set up some subs in my trunk and everything's ready. The only problem is, I don't want to cut into my cars wiring harness so I want to wait untill I buy a pioneer head unit. Can I connect my iPhone/iPod to my subwoofer amp to test them out? I know the quality will be horrible but I just want to see if they're working.
I have the cable to connect my iPhone, I just want to know if anything bad will happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:43 pm
by JeremyC
You can test it that way, just make sure the volume on the ipod is at zero when you start the car, and make sure the car if pff when you connect and disconect everything.

iPod

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm
by Teenforester
JeremyC wrote:You can test it that way, just make sure the volume on the ipod is at zero when you start the car, and make sure the car if pff when you connect and disconect everything.
Will this hurt my amp or subs?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm
by JeremyC
I wouldn't have told you what to do if I thought it would hurt them.

Just follow exactly what I told you, and don't turn it up to loud and you will be fine.