Page 1 of 1
JBL 1200 with Arc Audio subs
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 pm
by whitetrash21
I've got a JBL 1200.1 amplifier and two Arc Audio 10" D4's. I've been trying to figure out how to wire these together to keep a 4 ohm load on the subs so I don't pop them. I am far from an audio or electronics expert and I'm still not sure if this will even work.
I was shown
this site and some of it makes sense to me, but I'm still not sure how I should wire this setup together. I've got 2 gauge wire to the amp,60 amp inline fuse, 12 gauge to the box.
Any help, especially a drawing of the wiring layout would be appreciated.
thanks
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm
by JeremyC
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm
by loudwagon15s
first of all, nice equipment, throw those puppies in a nice box and i doubt you will be disappointed. Wire them in series so you get a final load of 4 ohms like this:

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:10 pm
by whitetrash21
Sweet. Thanks to both of you, those drawings I can work with.
One last question... from what I know, this amp is 2 ohm stable @ 1200 watts, 4 ohm stable @ 600 watts. Is it my speaker wiring that determines the load the amp sees??? There is nothing to adjust on the amplifier that will change ohm load ..... I guess is what I'm trying to ask??
Hope I'm asking this in a way that makes sense, like I said I don't know too much about car audio.
edit: nevermind, I answered that question by re-reading that site. Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated.
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm
by High Society
Glad you got it figured out, thats some good stuff you got there. Make sure you get those subs in a good box and you'll have a great setup
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 pm
by whitetrash21
Built the box since I couldn't find any I liked or that fit in my truck like I wanted. 3/4 mdf, insulating foam, ~2.5^3ft...... Been in for about a month now. They sound friggin sweet. Thanks again for the advice guys.
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 am
by High Society
Glad you enjoy it. Good job on building your own box. That's the way to go.