Page 1 of 2

Anyone have any experience with the Pioneer Slim Mounts?

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:38 am
by Chris from Washington
I've been thinking about replacing the crappy stock 8 inch JBL sub in the 4Runner, with something better.

I would like to try and mount it in the stock location, and keep it all stealth. There isn't a whole lot of mounting depth. I believe there is only like 4 inches behind the panel, so I've been looking at the Pioneer slim mounts.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... TS-SW2541D

Looks promising, I could fiberglass a new enclosure for it and I think I could get it all to fit back there.

Has anyone used these before?

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:57 pm
by Chris from Washington
Looks like Clarion, might also have one that would fit my mounting depth problem

Clarion
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2 ... 97712.html

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 am
by Ryan from Ohio

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:10 am
by Chris from Washington
I think the stock size is an 8, but I'm going to upgrade to a 10.

I'm not familiar with these brands, how are they compared to the Pioneer?

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:21 am
by Chris from Washington
the Dayton ones looked nice, but they are all DVC's. Whatever I get, I'm going to hook it up to my old 500a2 and it's only stable down to 4ohm bridged.
The other speakers you listed are 4ohms, but they are only listed at handling about 120RMS. I think that might be pushing it a tad.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 am
by Ryan from Ohio
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=295-134

I would go for that one then.

Run each channel separate, so 2 runs of 125 WRMS @ 4 Ohm = maxed out sub.

Your amp will push 125 WRMS @ 4 ohms into 2 channels...

:awesome:

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 pm
by Chris from Washington
Never even thought of just running it that way, guess that makes sense.
so how are those subs? Pretty decent?

I must be blind what is the recommended enclosure size?

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:32 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I dont see that post anywhere.

I would say about .6-.8 cubes though.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 am
by Chris from Washington
I sent them an email and they recommend 0.35 to 0.5

I just placed my order!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I will have a look at it later tonight or tomorrow if I get some time.

.3 sounds WAY small, .5 I could believe- on the small end of things.