Page 1 of 1
Noobie Question (what amp)
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm
by haynes
Hello and thanks in advance.
I recently picked up 2 incriminator 187 series 15's. The specs say 300 Wrms / 600 peak. I would prefer to run just one amp. What would be a good size amp to run?
Thanks, Tim
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:41 pm
by High Society
600 rms amp :) Check out KickerKX600.1-I think they still make em. If you're gonna run sealed, I recommend the JBLbp600.1. You could be able to snag those for cheap. What are the ohms on your subs?
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 pm
by haynes
Hey, thanks. There 6 ohms, Ill add the link to there site still new to car audio
http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/update ... &product=1
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:49 pm
by High Society
Dual or single?
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:00 pm
by haynes
im not to sure on that one

:
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:05 pm
by High Society
On the sub is there one set of terminals or two? Cuz for wiring options you'll want to find an amp that will power those at what ever ohm load you're gonna run. I'd recommend the JL/500.1 I believe that amp puts out 500 watts of power accross 1-4 ohms. So it would work great for the 187's you have. I think there're single VC so you'd want to run them at a 3ohm load if I'm not mistaken.
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm
by haynes
There are 2 sets of terminals so im guessing dual lol.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:35 pm
by High Society
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am
by cmwilson
Kicker 750.1
Crunch GPV 1000.1
Rd Audio 850.1
Arc Audio 600.1
Phoenix Gold 600.1
Soundstream 700
I would recommend any of these. I would always go with an amp higher than 600 watts b/c I'm sure your subs can handle more than 600 even though they are rated at 300 a piece they prolly can easily handle 350-400.