Page 1 of 3

Mustang system is finally going to happen

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:35 pm
by OnYrMrk
I am heading out tomorrow down to College Station to have Chris Pate install my SQ system. We are going to be taking pictures galore while this is being built so I will post up the build process soon.

Just so you know

Eclipse 7200MKII
Dynaudio MD102 Tweets / Audison LRx2.150
Dynaudio MW152 Mids / Audison LRx2.150
Dynaudio MW182 Midbass / Audison LRx2.250
Focal 33V2 Subwoofer / Audison LRx1.400

Possibly an RF360.2 for processing / EQ of system and subwoofer

All active setup.

I AM STOKED!

Then February 9th, I am embarking on a long journey with Mark Eldridge to Northern California to help him with a SQ Seminar in Salina Ca. the 13th and 14th. That will be an EPIC trip! I am very excited to take that one.


And just for you Mobile, you will be happy to know that we are scheduled to receive 7-10 inches of snow, sleet and ice Thursday and Friday this week.

I will miss it, but it will be sooooo worth it!

Later guys!

Joe





UPDATE:
Installed FULL FOCAL system!
FOCAL SOLID 4 for TN53K tweeters/K2P midrange
FOCAL SOLID 4 bridged for KBE Midbass
FOCAL SOLID 1 into 2 ohms for 33V2 Sub
Stinger SP1000
Stinger Wiring
Audison Connection SONUS interconnects and speaker wire
Installed at Mobile Toys Inc in College Station Texas by Chris Pate in 4 DAYS! That has to be a record.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm
by NorthQuad
Awesome!

I can't wait to see this system.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 pm
by OnYrMrk
We start building tomorrow. Stay tuned for build pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm
by MobileAudio219
Haha, awesome!

We're going to get around 3", just enough to stop me from driving my mustang for a week or two. Stupid MODOT dumps about an 1" of salt of the roads after each snow storm. I'm not driving it until the salts GONE... which will probably be Tuesday!

This spring/summer my forum is having a little get together. It's going to be during the s10 nations as it's held in my home town and some of my members are going to it. You should make the drive up, it'd be cool. Stay until Tuesday and we can hit the track. You know you want to!

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:37 pm
by OnYrMrk
Well HUGE changes made tonight!

The Dyn's didn't fit, and we don't have the time to make them fit, so I am back to my Focal roots

Running Focal KRx Tweeter and 165K2P mid range off a Focal Solid 4 (4x100)
Running Focal KBE Midbass off a Focal Solid 4 4x100 bridged to two channels)
Running Focal 33V2 Sub off Focal Solid 1 (1x600)

Box is 1.5cuft sealed and downfiring, (won't see sub at all), Amprack is a Fiberglass tub with the amps spaced evenly across the tub. Should be amazing!

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 pm
by MobileAudio219
Sounds like it's going to sound nice.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 am
by swimmerdude
Pictures!

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm
by High Society
Pics please....I wouldn't mind going SQ like that. What would you guess your db range is?

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm
by OnYrMrk
most likely less than 135db. Tough to get a high number in a convertible

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm
by MobileAudio219
OnYrMrk wrote:most likely less than 135db. Tough to get a high number in a convertible
135 is plenty loud enough!