Page 1 of 1
Alpine IVA D310--- NO SOUND ? help !?
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 am
by magmd1
was working perfect- now unit powers up ,all lights, screens functional but no sound from any source (XM, tuner, CD, nav, etc) totally lost? help?
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am
by NorthQuad
Are you using amplifiers to power your speakers or are you using the deck to power the speakers?
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:12 pm
by Tim
magmd1 wrote:was working perfect- now unit powers up ,all lights, screens functional but no sound from any source (XM, tuner, CD, nav, etc) totally lost? help?
get a small pin and reset it. I had something similar happen to my 9830. I reset and it took care of it. They just wig out like that sometimes.
Have you tried resetting it yet??
Tim
appreciate the replies- don't know if the deck powers the
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 pm
by magmd1
speakers or an amp- sorry I couldn't install this unit in a million years just bought the car and it already was installed
-looked under the seats - and trunk --nothing there don't know where else to look for an amp if I have one
where would the reset pin be? sorry for my stupidiy not tech savvy at all
thanks
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:53 pm
by NorthQuad
That's a really nice unit.
I've just looked for the specs but was unable to find where the reset button is, if it has one.
The best option to track down the problem you're having requires pulling the unit to see if any wires have come loose in the back.
If you think you'll have trouble doing it yourself you may want to find someone capable of doing it for you.
thanks Dave idid find a reset button - it's under the
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:19 pm
by magmd1
removable faceplate unfortunately the reset didn't fix the problem- guess I need to take it into an audi shop to have a look ===thanks for trying
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:05 pm
by NorthQuad
Glad you found the reset button. How long did you hold in down for? Just curious because in order for my Pioneer deck to reset, I think the reset button has to be pushed in for about ten seconds. While it's powered up.
tried again - held in for 10+ seconds while powered
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 pm
by magmd1
no luck very frustrating since it was working fine
also apparently there is twp major parts- the head unit and then a second larger "brain box" I tore the car apart and can't find the brain box - trunk panels floor panels etc where the hell did they hid this thing ?
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:30 am
by Tim
The best I remember my Alpine had to be powered off to reset it. The D310 is it the dvde player model?? If so they could hide the brain box about anywhere. Have you checked the trunk for the brain?? Check behind any removeable panels in the trunk. And also check under the seats or did you I cant remember?
Tim