Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Amp problem
Amp problem
I have a PPI PC2400.2 that I use to power my sub. A few days ago It started to get a scratching sound from my sub. It doesn't matter if the volume is turned all the way up or down the scratching sound stays the same. Its not really loud but its very noticeable. And its intermittent, although its happening more often. I swapped my amps and it made the same noise with my front speakers.
Does anyone know that is wrong with it and can it be fixed?
Does anyone know that is wrong with it and can it be fixed?
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
Oh, icic, I thought you hooked up a different amp to the same wires and what not. If everything checks out good it may be some bad connection inside the amp. I dunno tho, I haven't ran across that type of noise that wasn't fixed by rerunning wires. Someone will post on how to fix it I'm sure.
♠ Mateo ♠
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Sounds like you have an issue with that one amp then.
If you want to maintain those amps I suggest having it repaired.
DB-r is a good place I hear.
http://www.db-r.com/repairs/index.html
If you want to maintain those amps I suggest having it repaired.
DB-r is a good place I hear.
http://www.db-r.com/repairs/index.html
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
I have 3 amps that need to be fixed. The PPI PC2400.2 that makes the noise. A PPI PC650 that cuts out when you wiggle the rca input cables. And a PPI PCX1250 that works fine but it has a crappy fix job. The metal studs that the pos and neg plugs into are gone and #4 cable was soldered in thier place.
I would like to get these fixed but I dont have the money to pay for shipping both ways to TX. Does any one know of some place in west MI that does good work?
Is there some stuff I could do myself? Like replace the rca inputs?
I would like to get these fixed but I dont have the money to pay for shipping both ways to TX. Does any one know of some place in west MI that does good work?
Is there some stuff I could do myself? Like replace the rca inputs?
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
If you got the equipment and know-how to do it then go for it.
amp repair center is over cleveland way. I hear they do decent work at a cheap price.
The trouble is with them is they are kinda schmucks.
Bill might remember this. Our beloved Justin from Detroit sent some Audison amps to them for repair and they guy kept giving him the run around on them. It was to the point where Bill was about to pay the douche a visit then it got resolved.
Its a risk I guess...
amp repair center is over cleveland way. I hear they do decent work at a cheap price.
The trouble is with them is they are kinda schmucks.
Bill might remember this. Our beloved Justin from Detroit sent some Audison amps to them for repair and they guy kept giving him the run around on them. It was to the point where Bill was about to pay the douche a visit then it got resolved.
Its a risk I guess...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Thats why I would rather find a local place, I like to deal with people face to face. People that are jerks on the internet or the phone always act different to your face. I would not want to get into a long distance battle with someone like that.
I would be willing to drive a hour or two if have to. I just want some one who could do the job right.
As far replacing the RCA inputs could any electronics repair place do that? Or is it better to get an amp repair specialist?
I would be willing to drive a hour or two if have to. I just want some one who could do the job right.
As far replacing the RCA inputs could any electronics repair place do that? Or is it better to get an amp repair specialist?
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Im sure just any electronics repair place could do that one.tomcat wrote: As far replacing the RCA inputs could any electronics repair place do that? Or is it better to get an amp repair specialist?
They may even be able to repair amps also. Call them up.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!

