Page 1 of 2

need help...bad

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:14 am
by Tim
Okay dudes I have started putting the system together for my truck. I am doing the box under the rear seat. It is an extended cab BTW.

I just reran some numbers and it looks like im coimg up a bit short on airspace.

It is looking like the most Im going to have is 1.17 cu.ft. The subs Im running are Soundstream splx 12's that call for 1.5 min. My question is is that too much of a difference or can I still work with that.??

If I cant work with that space Im in serious need of some help.

I want to find out before I go much farther.

Tim

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 am
by Bwcad1
Increase your power by about 20 percent and you will be fine.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:23 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Well if they wont work what about different subs?

You can also build the box and try stuffing it lightly with Poly Fill.

That should work...

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 am
by Tim
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well if they wont work what about different subs?
You can also build the box and try stuffing it lightly with Poly Fill.
That should work...

Good idea ryan hadnt thought of that yet.

Thanks Bill I was hoping you would say that.

thanks guys,

Tim

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:40 pm
by falkenbd
ever heard of winISD? Or bassbox pro?

Try using them to model the response.

You'll see if the 2 box sizes make a big difference or not.

winISD won't consider cabin gain, so the low end rolloff won't be as steep in a car.

bass box pro will even let you model the effects of polyfill, and give you an idea of how much to use.

keep in mind its all theory, so once you put it in the car, it can change.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:58 pm
by Tim
Well guys I got a real problem this time. The tech support guy from soundstream emailed me back and said those subs cant go in a sealed box, ever. The smallest ported box they can go in is a 2.50 cuft.

What do I do now, I cant sell the subs ( dont really want to I love the subs and want to use them). But taking the rear seat out of the truck is not a possibility either.

Can somebody offer me some advice or help.

Tim

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Sure, sell the damned things then.

Buy some slim line subs then. I got 3 different ones or more available now...

Sounds like they are not a definite no go for this project.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:30 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Is this it?

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2006 ... UBWOOF.pdf

Says it can operate to .75 Cubes sealed...

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 pm
by Tim
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Is this it?
http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2006 ... UBWOOF.pdf
Says it can operate to .75 Cubes sealed...

Yeah thats it, I think that may be the newer version but yeah that is the sub I have.

Well, maybe I can still use them.

Tim

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:12 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well heres another one:
http://soundstream.com/manuals/2009/SPL ... oofers.pdf

If its that one, then no sealed boxes.

I will PM ya.