Page 1 of 5
sub shopping....again
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 am
by Tim
Okay guys, im shopping again. I have my selection narrowed down to three different brands. At this time anyway.
in no particular order:
pioneer premier:
http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pro ... ctID=20830
diamond audio:
http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pro ... ctID=15041
Alpine type R:
http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pro ... ctID=14954
all dvc's 4 ohm
budget still is up in the air..as I have to get paid for a couple jobs.
i know the general thinking is go for 1 good higher priced sub as opposed to 2 decent medium priced subs.
thanks
Tim
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:19 am
by cargodz
What are you looking to use it for? just a general single sql set up, and is this going in something new or replacing something you already have in something?
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 am
by loudwagon15s
ever thought of a dc audio level 3 12"?
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 am
by falkenbd
what do you have now? aren't you in the middle of fiberglassing up a sub box?
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 pm
by MobileAudio219
sealed or ported? How much cuft can you spare? How much power? What kind of music you listen to? Spl, sq, sql?
Newb....

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:46 pm
by Tim
loudwagon15s wrote:ever thought of a dc audio level 3 12"?
as a matter of fact hadnt thought of it. Aint Mike a dealer of DC??
falkenbd wrote:what do you have now? aren't you in the middle of fiberglassing up a sub box?
yep, a dude approached me friday at work and made me a offer I couldnt refuse. He wants 15's for his truck and he wanted me to build the box for him, so I said ok.
MobileAudio219 wrote:sealed or ported? How much cuft can you spare? How much power? What kind of music you listen to? Spl, sq, sql?
Newb....
Probably sealed but I have been itching to do a ported box. Cubic feet really wont be a problem as it is going in the trunk of my Bonneville.
Far as power goes, I will be running a Autotek SM1-1500. Music is an open ended question, I listen to everything classic rock, country, contempary Christian, classical, even a touch of rap. Probably most likely SQL.
I was in a hurry today when I dropped the post and couldnt give many details at the time, so hopefully this will help you all help me.
Anybody gotta link for the DC stuff??
Tim
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 pm
by drdoom23
Have u thought about any of the audioque subs?
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:18 pm
by NorthQuad
Is this the dc you're talkin' aboot?
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 pm
by Tim
yep thats the one. I looked at the link and I think I may end up goin with dc.
The level 3 is probably the one I would go with, but I like the level 4 too.
Tim
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:51 pm
by Tim
cargodz wrote:What are you looking to use it for? just a general single sql set up, and is this going in something new or replacing something you already have in something?
ygpm
Tim