Page 1 of 3

Yay I have Bass again!

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:17 am
by CaptainPioneer
Well thanks to Smoker I have some new Autotek subs running in my truck.
And even though many, including myself, thought that a 2 cuft box would be too big for the application, it sounds great.

Although I will say the extreme low end (under 30hz) is a little weak (Love lockdown - Kanye West doesnt come through as well as I had hoped) however this could be box design or amp and HU settings that I havnt touched yet.

Per Bill's instructions I ditched the DMM settings and did it by ear which was much less frustrating and easier for me anyhow.

All in all they sound great in the downfire and on 800w a piece they sound like monsters! Definitely louder than my Eclipse subs prior to this.

Thanks to all who were involved in the design and purchaseing aspects of this build.

Jason

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:41 am
by Bwcad1
Which autoteks did you use? and whats the box spec's?

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:14 am
by CaptainPioneer
Autotek SM12D4

Box specs: Sealed 2.1cuft no divider or bracing (Probably should have braced it though

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:35 am
by Bwcad1
Yea those subs have a higher FS than most so your low end is probably lacking

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 am
by CaptainPioneer
yes the low end is. It's not a huge deal since 90% of my music is above 40hz

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 am
by Bwcad1
99% of commercial music doesn't drop below 40hz.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 am
by CaptainPioneer
Bwcad1 wrote:99% of commercial music doesn't drop below 40hz.
Well I've been known to listen a little outside the box... Everyonce in a while I'll listen to some Bass Mechanic or some other bass test music... Just to get the ears to ring a bit. lol

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 am
by MobileAudio219
I can picture you driving around listening to a 35-80 hz sine wave... :D

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:01 am
by CaptainPioneer
There have been times... Mostly when someone around me claims to have a loud system... Although I believe those times are done for me...

Ah it was great when it lasted...

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 am
by Bwcad1
LOL i used to love when people told me i didn't have the loudest system they ever heard. there are quite a few people in here who witnessed a bunch of young black kids run like the wind out of my car when i played it. I miss that Buick.