Page 1 of 3

Premier HU

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:55 pm
by NorthQuad
I'd like to get a new deck with a better selection of audio options. I can only do so much tweaking with my current Panasonic. I've owned a Premier deck before and it was sweet. I didn't know a thing about car audio back when I had it. That deck was definitely smarter than me.

So I've been narrowing it down for a while and I think I'd like to get this one.

Premier DEH-P980BT

I'm fairly certain it has everything I want and need. Right down to the 3-way crossover.

What do you guys think? Good choice or mistake?

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:59 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
The 800 looks like a real beast!

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 am
by CaptainPioneer
which one the PRS or the P800BT?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 am
by Ryan from Ohio
PRS of course

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:32 am
by CaptainPioneer
of course....

I still like the P800BT... It would go beautifully in my Camry...

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm
by NorthQuad
Or for the same money, would you go with...?

The Eclipse CD7200 mkII

Hmmm...?

Image

Or...

Image

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:27 pm
by NorthQuad
I was wondering about the 8V rca output though. Would that blow something in amps not rated to handle 8V?

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 pm
by Tim
NorthQuad wrote:Or for the same money, would you go with...?
The Eclipse CD7200 mkII
Hmmm...?
Image
Or...
Image

seckseee. I likes that one alot.

Tim

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm
by NorthQuad
The Eclipse?

Yeah, the more I see of it, the more it grows on me.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:31 pm
by NorthQuad
For those of you that use Ipods and mp3 players through your head units in your vehicles... how's the sound quality?

Is there much of a difference?