Page 1 of 1

Kicker VS. Eclipse (Which is Better)

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:14 pm
by RawPower
Well im having a hard time deciding which is better Kicker Solo X or Eclipse Titanium Woofers for my Car so Please give me your Opinion.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:18 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
I'd go with the Eclipse. Kicker has a high failure rate.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:25 pm
by ridr4lif
Go with eclipse. I personally own a kicker square sub and i've had quite a few that have needed service by kicker. I'm on my 4th one in about 2 years.
The eclipse will prolly have better sound quality anywayz.
EDIT: http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod ... 285&2=1093
i dont know where you were goin to shop, but this site has good prices

TEDD

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:36 pm
by Chris from MI
I would go with the Eclipse also. What are you aiming for with the system? SPL, SQL and what size you looking to get.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:40 pm
by William from NOLA
Kicker's L7's and L5's had problems with the tinsel leads snapping. I've heard many great things about the Eclipse Titaniums, they do good for SQL.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:48 pm
by ridr4lif
^^DITTO^^ to kicker L7 tinsel leads snapping. I just resoldered mine about 2 months ago. Its held up til now, but now ill just have to see how long it lasts.

TEDD

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:19 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
The L7's will get louder. But as noted they have more than a fair share of problems.

I would go Eclipse and skip the problems.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:26 pm
by GlassWolf
Eclipse Ti hands down.
If you want higher SPL, go with the Ti Pro instead.