Page 1 of 2
Sub
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:34 pm
by sinister audio
Been out of the game for a while and I dont know all the good brands that are new and I see some of the good brands have disappeared. I'm looking for a sub equivalent to a RE SE12d2 or better with about the same power handling and quality (at least what they use to be if they are bad now) for around $150 shipped. thanks everyone.
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:11 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Well after the RE Fiasco came Fi Audio.
I would start there.
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 am
by smoker
or you could just get an re se12d2......
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 am
by sinister audio
I was thinking about it but I dont know if their quality has gone down or not.0
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:58 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I dont think the quality has went down, the price just doubled and then some...lol
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 am
by smoker
what did the price used to be on an se12d2? msrp and in store pricing are two seperate beasts
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 am
by Ryan from Ohio
SE12's were $185 direct.
After the big shakeup the prices went up 50% roughly, usually a tad more. Of course thats a few years ago now also, but still...
Its my guess that dealer pricing is now what the direct pricing was- or close.
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:12 am
by falkenbd
I'm not sure how it compares to the RE sub, but I just put a Massive TW12 in a friend's car. Its only running on 300 wrms and it gets pretty loud and sounds good. Can't wait to get it into a ported box. It'll take 500 watts RMS and is Dual 4 ohm, which might not suit your needs.
I think the price aligns well with your budget.
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:58 am
by smoker
i can still do re se 12's for 185
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm
by sinister audio
Ill probably go with a SE then. And I didnt know you sold them smoker. I will get it from you when I get one. They are less on ebay but thats because they are gay.