Page 10 of 36

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:21 pm
by William from NOLA
I would say at least good or highly recommended. I would like to use one :)

one day...

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:28 pm
by sinister audio
ya i would have a couple in my car but im not a dealer for them yet some day i will be. some day.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:31 pm
by JeremyC
Looks good guys, only two things I noticed

in the sub section the manufactor (highly recomended) right below focal

and the link to send corections to is wrong

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:41 pm
by Fishy
Awesome list William.

Separating things into amps and such is going to make that thing a lot more useful. I guess Nakamichi h/u's still have enough reliability problems to not be categorized as "Highly Recommended" or did their SQ go down as well? and McIntosh and Denon aren't common enough brands for a list designed to help out the common newb.

I like it. Short and sweet.

:D

-Fishy

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:16 pm
by NaughtyTegRoc
Is there an absolute top 5 for each catagory?

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:39 pm
by sinister audio
its hard to pick a top 5 because of differences in installs/experience/products used/ personal prefference/ ect. the ones that are listed if you picked out one from the cat. you like you should be happy.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:57 pm
by William from NOLA
JeremyC wrote:Looks good guys, only two things I noticed

in the sub section the manufactor (highly recomended) right below focal

and the link to send corections to is wrong
LOL, I didn't realize that. I think when Basstronics copied the link, he didn't really copy the link, just what you see: http:://www.ljlsdjfdsf...oijsdf.htm (example) where the ... should have more info.
Awesome list William.

Separating things into amps and such is going to make that thing a lot more useful. I guess Nakamichi h/u's still have enough reliability problems to not be categorized as "Highly Recommended" or did their SQ go down as well? and McIntosh and Denon aren't common enough brands for a list designed to help out the common newb.

I like it. Short and sweet.



-Fishy

Thanks, but it wasn't all me. There were a few people who contributed.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:50 pm
by Fishy
I don't see any a/d/s stuff anywhere.

Too esoteric?

-Fishy

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:50 pm
by crzystng
I am not seeing anything about butler in the amps section? hehe how bout any thing with a zed audio board in it? lanzar opti drive? early models of course. profile? clarion? linear power? milbert? MMATS? mobile authority? (not ma audio) phaze audio? Alto Mobile? ample audio? autotek? mark antony? swiss?

subs: soundsplinter? atomic? SEAS? older tha punch classic seris from fosgate. hollywood sound labs? soundstorm? koiler(BAD) massive audio? ultra linear? ultimate? FUNKY PUPS RULE ALL LMAO

loudspekaers: peerless? eton? audux? fostex? AURA? phass? USD? illusion audio?

H/U: denon, rockford fosgate, kenwood eXcelon,
also I dont see anything relating to wiring? sup with dat?

jsut thought I would throw a few more brands in the mix here for ya ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:42 am
by tj80
There was some discussion about Elemental Design amps earlier in the thread... but they never made it onto the list... they're getting fairly popular, due to the low price.. any thoughts of throwing it in there?

EDIT: um, sorry to revive an old thread, but better than starting a new one I guess... :)