Page 7 of 9

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:44 am
by brisgreat1
I tried splicing into an ACC, or at least I thought it was an ACC, but it didn't work. What are some general ACC's that are easy to splice into? Everything around my main console is like 32 ga wiring so I have to like cut the wire in order to splice into it. Also does it matter what size Ring terminal I use for my ground? Like if I use a 12 ga terminal for a 24 wire, wouldn't it still be ok? I'd just have to crimp a little harder I think.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:45 am
by cargodz
Well I'd go back to what you were looking at originally (heater controls) rather than the recirculation or even better if your vehicle doesn't have a cig lighter then it probably does have a 12v plug for accessories (cell phone, radar detector, etc.)
And as for the tapping... that's an easy solution... Quick splice wire taps like this
Image

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:34 pm
by brisgreat1
Gonna give that a try.. not tonight though cause i have lots of hw, ill let you know on monday or tuesday. thanks again

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:31 am
by my95z34
Drive to my house, I'll figure it out.

lol

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 am
by cargodz
my95z34 wrote:Drive to my house, I'll figure it out.

lol
He'd really want to have to go for a drive from Pennsylvania to Michigan... That and he'd drive right past Bill, Ryan, Myself, as well as a few others... but if he's up for a nice scenic drive, Why Not :p LOL

And Welcome to our lil home away from home my95z34 :happy055:

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:00 am
by my95z34
Haha, yeah it was a joke. But thanks for the welcome.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:03 am
by cargodz
^I figured as much... Thus why I said "but if he's up for a nice scenic drive, Why Not :p LOL" and it gave me a good chance to welcome you... You'll notice we're all a bunch of goofs around here most of the time, but still here to help out and take car audio pretty serious :)

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:37 pm
by CaptainPioneer
well if he feels like coming up to Cental PA i'll take a look at it... he is about 2 hrs away i think

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:57 am
by BennyBoy
Ryan from Ohio wrote:I would remove power from the unit, let it sit for 15 minutes then hook it back up.

Manual reset :p

ditto

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 am
by brisgreat1
Well this is gonna be last my attempt to fix my problem, if not Im taking my car/hu to a shop or bestbuy or something.
I created a new ground wire that runs directly from the head unit to the metal, (about 8 inches).
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc15 ... Ground.jpg
( The ground doesn't look like its' metal but it's just real rusty I think... there's another wire grounded right next to it like 6 inches to the left, so it's a working ground location)
Next I took my current power / ACC wires and decided to run direct leads for the ACC. (since i don't know how to run a direct lead for the power)
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc15 ... erwire.jpg
My 12Volt out is too far below in the dash to get to it, so I tried using the same ACC wire to splice into, my 'air recirculation thingy'
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc15 ... Source.jpg
Next I pulled out the mid console/mid-dash to examine the wire I'd be splicing
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc15 ... orking.jpg
I spliced into that wire with my ACC wire directly from the head unit, started my car and no power to the head unit. A few options I could consider I think... A) I need a new ACC wire to splice into, B) I might need to run a direct lead for my Battery wire (Yellow Wire), C) I dont know what the **** I'm doing and should just pay someone else to do it.