Page 6 of 6
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:37 am
by _gonz_
Airforceyooper wrote:What about abandoning the sanctioned events and just go hometown/local shop showoffs or something like that? I don't know. There must be something.
C'mon man...
Local shops ALWAYS pick
their own best customers as the winners. Everybody knows that. I think Tweeter sound-offs are famous for that.
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:38 am
by _gonz_
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:41 am
by Robert Wollenberg
WTFO!!! you're depressing me. lol. Oh well, I'm just going to do my thing I guess. As long as I stay the best sounding ride in my hood, I'm cool. :)
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:25 am
by _gonz_
Ehh, sorry bro, but you can't sound good in your hood either. Thats how your neighbors find out that you've got the best stuff to steal.
You gotta go at least two neighborhoods over to enjoy your system.
I don't even put my faceplate on till I'm at least a few blocks away.
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:42 am
by OnYrMrk
Gonz, I have seen that 300m before. And my Focal rep said that sonically it was sweet, but as far as staging and imaging, the car would only be a show car, not a comp car. besides, 300grand to put on a 300m? shame. but the doors rock!
also I have met Mark Eldridge a decade ago, I know Gary Biggs and Rob Rice, from competing against them back in the mid 90's. I met Harry Kimura back at the 94 or 96 IASCA Finals when he competed with his acura. I had a taurus that was all McIntosh back then. Scott I have yet to meet but I will I am sure. And an SPL god....is going to help me tune my car this weekend. maybe you know him too...Michael Hughes?
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:33 pm
by _gonz_
Mr. Hughes' name rings no bells, but honestly, I never had very much interest in the SPL side of things... at least not as far as whos who, or who was competing.
Are you going into SPL competition? Its definitely a cool sport, I enjoy seeing the crazy setups... it's just not my thing to actually partake in.
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:47 pm
by High Society
No Joe isn't going into SPL lol. Joe and SPL just shouldn't been in the same sentence
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:40 pm
by OnYrMrk
ROFLMAO!!! Actually Mike Hughes used to compete sq back a few years, around 10 or so, but he liked the big crowds and the big numbers that DbDrag put up so he turned to the dark side. Actually, I have heard one of the SQ cars that he built, and it sounded very nice. More than anything, he just wants to work with me on my car. It is a good deal overall.