Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Sound Stage tuning.
-
cool mr grinch
- Senior Member
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 pm
- Location: Corpus Christi Texas
- Contact:
I'm just saying that there might be something built into the passive filter that isn't a standard filter.JeremyC wrote:No he can change his tweets, just needs to remember that different resistance at the tweeter will change his x-over point
Honestly man Seas makes some car audio speakers that are super cheap and sound amazing.
The impedance curve of the new tweeter wouldn't match the first, and the filter would surely work differently. (could be bad, or good)
Sure, you can change them, but you can never know until you try exactly how it will sound. It might make really good tweeters sound not so good. It could however work fine. A lot of it depends on what the current passiver filter is doing.
Which is why I really recommend having the front stage be active if you want to try out different equipment.
It won't be a problem with his crossovers. I had the same ones and swapped to the seas tweets he is running.
I did the same thing with the morel x-overs I'm running now. Swapped from the elate tweet to the supremo.
I'm sure there are x-overs out there it wouldn't work on, but so far I haven't been in a situation where it didn't work like I expected it to.
I did the same thing with the morel x-overs I'm running now. Swapped from the elate tweet to the supremo.
I'm sure there are x-overs out there it wouldn't work on, but so far I haven't been in a situation where it didn't work like I expected it to.
-
cool mr grinch
- Senior Member
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 pm
- Location: Corpus Christi Texas
- Contact:
i am looking at these possibly? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_932 ... 1021T.html
James-aka-Cool Mr Grinch
Mack trucks electronics specialist and problem solver.
Mack trucks electronics specialist and problem solver.
don't do it...cool mr grinch wrote:i am looking at these possibly? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_932 ... 1021T.html
first of all, are you looking for an 8 ohm or 4 ohm tweeter? (you need to match the passives if you are going to use them)
i have a set of LPG 26NA tweeters you could try. I bought them from a guy and they came with the domes a little botched up.
If you want to try them, you can have them for the cost of shipping (think flat rate box) as long as you promise that you'll give them to someone else on the board to try if you ever get rid of them.
-
cool mr grinch
- Senior Member
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 pm
- Location: Corpus Christi Texas
- Contact:
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
I know you're looking for a swivel and I'm not sure if these will be suitable but...
Vifa D26NC55 1" Tweeter
Vifa D26NC55 1" Tweeter
Ok it took me a second to remember where to look, but this will give you an idea of how your x-over point will change with different ohm loads.
http://www.bcae1.com/
Click on passive x-overs on the right.
Scroll down to the equation for figuring coil size.
You will need to know the focal x-over point, and resistance of the tweeters you have now (TN 52s) and the tweeters you want to run,
http://www.bcae1.com/
Click on passive x-overs on the right.
Scroll down to the equation for figuring coil size.
You will need to know the focal x-over point, and resistance of the tweeters you have now (TN 52s) and the tweeters you want to run,