Page 5 of 9
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:48 pm
by CaptainPioneer
U are right but its a simple concept to try to grasp
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:09 pm
by brisgreat1
my car doesnt have a cigarette lighter, honda opposses smoking i think so they stopped stocking their cars with cig lighters. im gonna use the spinny air thing as my ACC since i never use that.
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:54 pm
by CaptainPioneer
spinny air thing?
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:05 pm
by scotts1000rr
CaptainPioneer wrote:spinny air thing?
Thats exactly what i was thinking.
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:59 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ok...
I didnt read the manual, but after reading what Ive seen here I figured I should check it out.
My unit is a refurb, but I would assume it was shipped from the factory just like a retail unit. With that being said, it should be in STD mode.
I am able to auto EQ and Auto TA, so your assumption you can not do this while in NW is invalid.
NW mode is for when you have a sub, mid and tweet all hooked up to an amp with no crossover, using the HU to do these duties. To TA and EQ them.
If thats not your situation, stick with STD mode.
Now about your ground.
If the ground wasnt hooked up its impossible for the head unit to function period. Simply because power flows from the negative to the positive. In other words it flows through the cars chassis/ground, into your radio then back via the red 12V acc and yellow constant wires.
These are the facts.
Now it may be possible your ground wire is unhooked yet came into contact with some metal allowing operation.
At any rate stop the ghetto wiring. Do it right, the 880 deserves it!
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 pm
by brisgreat1
I think it's the ACC wire as captainpioneer suggested, im gonna try that first thing sunday since i work all day saturday. I have three dash ACC capabilities: defrost, a/c, and circular air flow or something. anyways i never use the air flow thing so im just gonna splice into that for the ACC. does it matter if i use a different gauge to splice into the acc?
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:36 pm
by Scarrell
use 0 gauge

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:04 am
by CaptainPioneer
16-20 awg should be ok
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:47 pm
by brisgreat1
Ok so I spliced my ACC wire into an ACC wire and still got no power to my head unit, and yes I did remember to plug in antenna. anyways i dont know where to go from here: should i try grounding the actual head unit? i really am lost.. the air circulation thingy is posted below and the wires that are 're-wired' are the wires i tried splicing into that didnt work for an acc connection.
[ATTACH]998[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]999[/ATTACH]
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:15 pm
by CaptainPioneer
check the grounds... and maybe that accessory wire for the circulation thing isnt going to work... u could do it into ur Windshield wipers fuse... but im stumped... oh did u splice before or after the wiring harness... like from the HU or after the HU's wiring harness meets the factory wiring?