+10dB = 2X audible volume = 10X the power.
2X the power = +3dB gain
Why have a car that excessive? Not like you'll ever have a need to go that fast.
sure I do, when I take the car to a strip and run ETs for 60', 1/8 and 1/4 mile.
Why have it? It's a classic and it has a lot of sentimental value. Actually two of the cars do anyway. The third is a parts car.
Its quite fun to put up a sweet number... gives a sense of achievement.
thank you. you just stated what I said earlier. It's done to impress others and to show off.
Sound quality is completely subjective... one guy loves your setup, one guy hates it...
No. sound quality is reproducing audio as transparently and accurately as possible so that the reproduced audio is as close to the original session as possible.
What makes going around a circle any less fun than going through a bunch of turns? Whats wrong with going to see someone crash? Thats what people like, whats wrong with that?
a funny thing happened on my way to the Colloseum...
I'm not going to get into a debate over debased morality with you. Especially when your sole misguided purpose is to bicker over a subject that is completely off topic and doesn't belong here.
If the sub can't be abused... its just not worth it in my book. I don't like being soft on my equipment... I like getting the absolute most out of what I pay for. If that means driving into hard clipping to gain .1db... so be it
well that explains a lot about your mentality toward all of this at least.
I dont remember the specific settings on the amp, but I measured with a clamp meter and a DMM... got AC current and AC voltage. From there it was just ohms law
measured current draw for the amplifier?
that's why your measurements are meaningless. They were done based on improper assumptions.
input current != output for an amplifier. especially with a regulated power supply. you have duty cycle to account for, along with internal capacitance and numerous other factors that make your pseudo-measurements inaccurate. sorry.
no woof rated for 4 ohm will ever droop down to .5 ohm unless you are having some serious issues. Typlcally a 4 ohm sub will have a DCR of approx 3.5-4.2.
wrong again. speakers are a reactive load and the actual impedance can vary considerably, especially when the frequency produced is at or near the driver's Fs, or the frequency is below the tuned frequency of the enclosure with no filtering applied.
And I'm doing a 147.0 on the termlab with 2 compVR 12's in my trunk getting around 800 total watts.
to just the subs? the example I gave had 160wRMS x 2 for a pair of 12" subs, and the box was tuned to 34Hz as I said, with a perfect curve. not designed at all for SPL events nor was it tuned for such. a CompVR is about $100 for a 12".
Some people just don't have that much to spend for a pair of subs and a 300 watt amp to drive them decently. Especially highschoolers.
As I've already told you, I've been in this business for over a decade. I know the various sorts of people who buy systems, and their reasonings for going with different products.
your problem seems to be that you can't get out of the mindset of "me me me"
everything has to apply to you or it's worthless. time to grow up and realize that there's a lot more to the world than just you and your feelings on how things should be.
How can the battery only help with the engine OFF?? When your alt can't keep up, guess where the power has to come from...
the battery supplies power when the car motor is off.
when the engine is running, the battery has a lower voltage than the alternator and Vreg output and thus the battery is in a charge state while the motor is running in a PROPERLY RUNNING CAR.
I can screw up anything to make it fit some deluded scenario sure, but why bother?
If you have the proper alternator the battery does NOT supply ANY power when the car is running.
go read the FAQ section here. This si all already covered.
If your battery has to supply the voltage for your car when the engine is running, you've got serious problems.
Solid core wire - lol. Yes, I used a pipe bender to route it all the way back to the cargo area... I made him a new exaust while I was at it :P
well, that wouldn't surprise me having raed some of your posts so far :P
you'd be surprised what I see people try to do in cars, when they're too stupid or too poor to do it right.
You also never specified the wire gauge, so solid core, smaller gauge was very possible, and also a good reason to cause clipping which was what we were discussing.
I think I'm about done with this thread. It's just turning from bad to worse, and I think I'd have slightly more fun sticking my hands in a blender.