Page 5 of 7

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:11 am
by GlassWolf
ZeroAccess wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3

Apparently like everything else this has been leaked out....I didn't watch it yet tho...Debating still
I saw what apparently they had on CNN and that wasn't anything.
I just have mixed feelings about killing someone and plastering it on t.v.
I changed the topic slightly.
just for reference, when discussing execution by gallows, the proper past tense is, "hanged."

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:17 am
by geolemon
ZeroAccess wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=863ce7d4a3

Apparently like everything else this has been leaked out....I didn't watch it yet tho...Debating still
I saw what apparently they had on CNN and that wasn't anything.
I just have mixed feelings about killing someone and plastering it on t.v.
Stop debating with yourself - it's really not a graphic video, despite the "may be disturbing to some viewers" note at the top.

You don't really even see him fall - the video is pretty close up on his face, and it's crappy camerawork with a cell phone - and so when they drop the trap door, you just see his face drop out of the frame, followed by a bunch of seconds of the camera moving everywhere, shooting at the floor, blackness, moving around, and then finally finding Saddam's head again several seconds after he was hanged... and we already know he's dead anyway.

I've seen more graphic things on non-cable TV.
My description even sounds worse than the video actually is. :p

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:49 am
by Darthness
yeah, thats reallly not that bad of a video.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:19 am
by justaghost
newsflash. I won the arguement.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:32 am
by ZeroAccess
lol, I didn't know that.
So when is the tense hung used?
other than porn..lol

I'm done debating with myself watched the video and I've seen worse on ABC's early morning cartoons. It doesn't really bother me that much just wondering if my kids are going to be able to like push the remote control at home and kill a deathrow inmate.... Wait I'm such a hypocrite that actually sounds like a good idea..



ARG!!, I'm done killem all!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:32 am
by Bwcad1
if that makes you feel good inside im happy for you ;) there never was an argument i never said that hung was the correct word now did i smartass?

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:15 pm
by cargodz
O.K.... Time for me to step back into this one.
How in the heck did this become about proper grammer?
This forum is here for us to help one another and in the case of the "Off Topic" section, to voice opinions. This is not one of your forums where everyone just comes to complain about everything that they see fit, that includes English.
As far as I know I am the oldest person on this board, so before you think about getting cute and correcting any of my grammer... remember to respect your elders!
That being said... justaghost... grow up a little and think before you type in something that is going to get all the regulars on this board in an uproar and take the time to read "State of the forum" at the top of any topic.
Thank you :)

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:39 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
justaghost wrote:newsflash. I won the arguement.
News flash, STFU.

Take your English class and that attitude right back where you came from its not welcome here.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:44 pm
by Team AI
Ryan from Ohio wrote:News flash, STFU.

Take your English class and that attitude right back where you came from its not welcome here.
Boom!

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:46 pm
by CaptainPioneer
I believe this is a dumb argument to begin with, who cares, the point is the Sumnabitch is dead!