Page 5 of 5

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:35 pm
by NViejeP
Really now? I've done like 3-4 tries with the scratch-x with the buffer, and like 4-5 tries with the scratch with hand. I havne't put a lot of it on any of these times.

The spot is like 4 inches wide and 1 inch tall, can I get that recoated.. just that part? And would that cost a lot?

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:30 pm
by GlassWolf
it's just clearcoat. any paint shop should be able to clean, prep, and re-clear that portion pretty cheap.

once the clear has had a couple days to dry, you can buff out the whole car and make the whole thing look practically new and repainted.

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:22 pm
by NViejeP
Cheap was in under $25? Or as in under $100 haha

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:24 pm
by joeyc
50 is a safe bet.

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:28 am
by GlassWolf
does it matter if someone else is footing the bill?
hehe

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 pm
by NViejeP
Kind of, hes paying me $165, I can profit off of it. I dont feel bad at all though, I went through a frenzy, taking it to 2 different shops on my day off of work just to find out that the paint guy isn't there.