Page 5 of 9

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 pm
by Jonathan
It's fun to have an objective discussion, though, as long as it stays clean :)

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:10 pm
by sinister audio
i have a elevation audio pro12 in my car right now. its a great sub and itll get loud too and have very good control. i only have 400 watts going to it but its still sounds awsome. and they are worth the money too. im running mine in a 1.2 cubic box.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:18 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Thank you, someone that can back me up!

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:22 pm
by sinister audio
i was actually thinking about becoming a dealer for them Joe is a great guy to work with and i still might i just have to get some funds first though. no one will be disappointed with this sub and if they are they are retarded and shouldnt even have a system

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:24 am
by ibanender
Justin from Detroit wrote:Holy shit look what i got started.

I STARTED THIS THREAD TO GET THINGS STARTED ON THIS BOARD. I MADE HALF OF THAT SHIT UP. THE XXX'S MAY VERY WELL BE LOUDER THEN MY PROS, AND I DON'T CARE. I MADE HALF OF THAT SHIT UP.

All I wanted to do was spark a fire in this palce and get things going, and it seem to worked. Yes, I still say my Pros can be louder then XXX's, but there is no "challenge" to make Detroit Bass money. I had this all planned from the start, ask Chris from MI and Basstronics, they both knew about my plan from the start.

READ AGAIN : I MADE SHIT UP.
So basically..... it backfired on you. Bad attempt at a cover-up though.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:35 am
by MrSo0h0o
puhaha.. bad idea to talk bad about justin.. now you are gonna get flamed by at least 15 people on this board.. :-D

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:15 am
by Ryan from Ohio
No we dont need to flame.

But it worked...

A lot of good information came out in the open.

But the whole Xmax drama, well it still isnt cleared up very well.

There are still more than one way to measure it and be acceptable. IMO they need to standardize it...

Which method of finding Xmax is most commonly used?

:)

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:39 am
by audiofreak12
Well, Justin's idea worked, there were people posting on this thread no one has ever herd of. It got some of the inactive users to start posting a little and it kind of woke everyone up.

As for the whole x-max thing, i think its time for kiki to do a write-up on xmax/xmech and everything else discussed in the thread.

I learned alot from this, even if it was all just to get things started. Well done Justin the board isnt dead anymore.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:48 am
by GlassWolf
if it'd really help anyone. I dunno. gotten some comments about the faqs being too technical or complicated. anybody is welcome to write for the FAQ section though and submit it to any of the mods/admins for posting with credit given to teh author.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:49 am
by GlassWolf
ps, we can host relatively small images for the FAQs as well when needed, such as an exploded isometric of a speaker to point out the various components of the driver as they're discussed in the article.